My boss has the Treo Sprint 650. All was working fine with the synching,
but today we started getting an error. A screen pops up on the desktop
which says that there is a conduit conflict which needs to be resolved
through the Custom option, such as making sure both Contacts or Address Book
are not set to synch. We checked and we can't see any two things that are
set to synch that conflict.

On the log for both the 650 and the Desktop, though, we get a different
message. It says

"An application cancelled synchronization or failed to respond to a Hotsync
notification. Please ensure that you are not currently editing data using
applications such as Palm OS Desktop or Install Tool. (8009)."

We are not doing either during the synch.

What can the problem be?