Hotsync problem - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Hotsync problem - Palmtop ; My boss has the Sprint 650. All was working fine with the synching, but today we started getting an error. A screen pops up on the desktop which says that there is a conduit conflict which needs to be resolved ...

  1. Hotsync problem

    My boss has the Sprint 650. All was working fine with the synching, but
    today we started getting an error. A screen pops up on the desktop which
    says that there is a conduit conflict which needs to be resolved through the
    Custom option, such as making sure both Contacts or Address Book are not set
    to synch. We checked and we can't see any two things that are set to synch
    that conflict.

    On the log for both the 650 and the Desktop, though, we get a different
    message. It says

    "An application cancelled synchronization or failed to respond to a Hotsync
    notification. Please ensure that you are not currently editing data using
    applications such as Palm OS Desktop or Install Tool. (8009)."

    We are not doing either during the synch.

    What can the problem be?

  2. Re: Hotsync problem

    In article ,
    v.mcalister@nospam.ejgd.com says...
    > My boss has the Sprint 650. All was working fine with the synching, but
    > today we started getting an error. A screen pops up on the desktop which
    > says that there is a conduit conflict which needs to be resolved through the
    > Custom option, such as making sure both Contacts or Address Book are not set
    > to synch. We checked and we can't see any two things that are set to synch
    > that conflict.

    I got a similar problem when I tried out the Yahoo! Intellisync software
    to synch with the online calendar.

    Because the process was designed to replace the Palm Desktop I decided
    to revert back. But even after uninstalling, the Yahoo! conduit
    remained installed and it required a deal of fiddling to fix it.

    I recall a piece of software available to view conduits that are
    installed detailed in the discussion on the Palm One support area.
    http://tinyurl.com/cb28r

    Perhaps you will be able to identify the conduit issue here.

    Alternatively you can uninstall the Palm Desktop program, also delete
    the HKEY_CURRENT_USER, Software, U.S. Robotics registry entry. Then
    reinstall Palm desktop. That should give you a clean install of the
    software and conduits.

    But my guess would be that you installed, perhaps unwittingly, a program
    that took over the conduits leaving the Palm Desktop conduits also
    running. Hence the conflict of two conduits attempting to access the
    same data.

    Andrew

    --
    Email address ROT-13 encoded to reduce unsolicited bulk
    and commercial Email

    naqerjfgrryr@fcnzpbc.arg

+ Reply to Thread