SD card and Tungsten T5 - Palmtop

This is a discussion on SD card and Tungsten T5 - Palmtop ; I just got a Sandisk 2GB SD card, and it works great in my Tungsten T5. I keep a bunch of video files on the card. I would like to keep the card inside the T5 slot all the time ...

  1. SD card and Tungsten T5

    I just got a Sandisk 2GB SD card, and it works great in my Tungsten T5.
    I keep a bunch of video files on the card.

    I would like to keep the card inside the T5 slot all the time (ie never to take it out) - is there any harm /problem in this?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: SD card and Tungsten T5

    scooby wrote:
    > I just got a Sandisk 2GB SD card, and it works great in my Tungsten T5.
    > I keep a bunch of video files on the card.
    >
    > I would like to keep the card inside the T5 slot all the time (ie never
    > to take it out) - is there any harm /problem in this?
    >
    > Thanks.

    There really shouldn't be any problem. I use my Tungsten T2 on a work
    site, and I have placed black electrical tape over the slot containing
    my 1GB SD card to keep dust out.

    If you plan to keep the card in there permanently, take a look at Card
    Export II. It will make the SD card show up as a drive on your computer
    accessed through your Palm.

    http://www.softick.com/cardexport2/

  3. Re: SD card and Tungsten T5

    "scooby" wrote in

    > I just got a Sandisk 2GB SD card, and it works great in my Tungsten
    > T5. I keep a bunch of video files on the card.
    >
    > I would like to keep the card inside the T5 slot all the time (ie
    > never to take it out) - is there any harm /problem in this?

    No. You need to keep a card, or at least a dummy card, in the slot
    anyway, to keep out dirt and lint. I've kept a card in my Palm for
    years, both a Zire 72 and a T3. They only come out to put in a different
    one.

    --
    Regards,

    Stan

    safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." B. Franklin

  4. Re: SD card and Tungsten T5

    Stan Gosnell wrote:

    > You need to keep a card, or at least a dummy card, in the slot
    >anyway, to keep out dirt and lint.

    My Zire 72 has a nifty little door that shuts when there's no card inserted.
    With the T5 costing a 100 bucks more I'll bet it does too.

  5. Re: SD card and Tungsten T5

    AaronJ wrote in

    > Stan Gosnell wrote:
    >
    >> You need to keep a card, or at least a dummy card, in the slot
    >>anyway, to keep out dirt and lint.

    > My Zire 72 has a nifty little door that shuts when there's no card
    > inserted. With the T5 costing a 100 bucks more I'll bet it does too.

    So does my T3, but I think a card works better. The little door gets
    pushed open easily, and stuff can get in there and gunk up the works.

    --
    Regards,

    Stan

    safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." B. Franklin

  6. Re: SD card and Tungsten T5

    Stan Gosnell wrote:

    >So does my T3 [have a card dust door], but I think a card works better.
    >The little door gets pushed open easily, and stuff can get in there
    >and gunk up the works.

    Wouldn't it just be easier to wash out you pockets? What kind of "gunk" do you
    have in there anyway... 8-O And what are you using to stuff the T3's earphone
    hole, lots of gunk might sneak in there too...

  7. Re: SD card and Tungsten T5

    AaronJ wrote in

    > Stan Gosnell wrote:
    >
    >>So does my T3 [have a card dust door], but I think a card works
    >>better. The little door gets pushed open easily, and stuff can get in
    >>there and gunk up the works.

    > Wouldn't it just be easier to wash out you pockets? What kind of
    > "gunk" do you have in there anyway... 8-O And what are you using to
    > stuff the T3's earphone hole, lots of gunk might sneak in there too...

    yeah, but I don't use that.

    --
    Regards,

    Stan

    safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." B. Franklin

+ Reply to Thread