Q: Are SD cards and CF cards interchangeble? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Q: Are SD cards and CF cards interchangeble? - Palmtop ; My daughter installed a new CF card in her Canon digicam so she has no use for the 32MB High Speed CF card that came with her camera. Would the CF card work in my Zire 72s? If not, why? ...

  1. Q: Are SD cards and CF cards interchangeble?

    My daughter installed a new CF card in her Canon digicam so she has no
    use for the 32MB High Speed CF card that came with her camera. Would
    the CF card work in my Zire 72s? If not, why? Thanks.

    --
    Deja Moo: I've seen this bull**** before.

    My address has been anti-spammed.
    Please reply to: scasse@invalid.net replacing invalid with sonic.

  2. Re: Are SD cards and CF cards interchangeble?

    CF or Compact Flash cards are a different form factor than SD or Secure
    Digital cards. They physically aren't plug compatible. I have seen CF
    adapters for SD cards in which you insert an SD card into the adapter and
    then use it in a camera or other electronic device. IF the adapter fits into
    your camera then you can use SD cards with the adapter and later plug them
    into the Zire for reviewing the pics or copying them to internal memory so
    you can reuse the SD card in the camera.

    Cheers
    TC

    "Otto Pylot" wrote in message
    news:170720051740271190%otto@bogus.address.invalid ...
    > My daughter installed a new CF card in her Canon digicam so she has no
    > use for the 32MB High Speed CF card that came with her camera. Would
    > the CF card work in my Zire 72s? If not, why? Thanks.
    >
    > --
    > Deja Moo: I've seen this bull**** before.
    >
    > My address has been anti-spammed.
    > Please reply to: scasse@invalid.net replacing invalid with sonic.