sd card volume problem - Palmtop

This is a discussion on sd card volume problem - Palmtop ; I recently bought a Sandisk 2GB SD card. It worked fine in my i-mate JAM but I then decided to try it in my digial camera. Don't ask me why but I decided to format the card in my digital ...

  1. sd card volume problem

    I recently bought a Sandisk 2GB SD card. It worked fine in my i-mate JAM but
    I then decided to try it in my digial camera. Don't ask me why but I decided
    to format the card in my digital camera.

    The result is that I now have a single volume of 979MB instead of the
    previous 2GB. I've looked at the card under Windows XP disk management I can
    definitely see that it has formatted the card with a single volume and left
    an unformatted volume.

    Question: how in effs name do I remove the volume so I can reformat my card
    in my PPC to its true 2GB size? My existing SD card formatter in my PPC
    resolutely believes this is now a 1GB card instead of a 2GB card.

    I've been to the Sandisk site but it is ... ahem.... crap at providing an
    answer.

    Can anyone here help?????

    LouisB
    ------
    "I'm a half-wit. I sold the other half on e-Bay"

  2. Re: sd card volume problem

    "LouisB" wrote in
    news:Tkrje.27554$2k2.16277@fe1.news.blueyonder.co. uk:

    > I recently bought a Sandisk 2GB SD card. It worked fine in my i-mate
    > JAM but I then decided to try it in my digial camera. Don't ask me why
    > but I decided to format the card in my digital camera.
    >
    > The result is that I now have a single volume of 979MB instead of the
    > previous 2GB. I've looked at the card under Windows XP disk management
    > I can definitely see that it has formatted the card with a single
    > volume and left an unformatted volume.
    >
    > Question: how in effs name do I remove the volume so I can reformat my
    > card in my PPC to its true 2GB size? My existing SD card formatter in
    > my PPC resolutely believes this is now a 1GB card instead of a 2GB
    > card.

    Have you tried reformatting it with a card reader and Windows? I haven't
    tried it, but fdisk might do the trick.

    --
    Regards,

    Stan

    safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." B. Franklin

+ Reply to Thread