Device *just* for email and calendars - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Device *just* for email and calendars - Palmtop ; My wife would love a handheld device/phone/whatever through which she can access her email and calendar, and as little else as possible. Is there anything like this on the market, other than a full-blown smart phone or palmtop computer? Answers ...

  1. Device *just* for email and calendars

    My wife would love a handheld device/phone/whatever through which she
    can access her email and calendar, and as little else as possible. Is
    there anything like this on the market, other than a full-blown smart
    phone or palmtop computer?

    Answers can be to the group or to me directly. Thanks for any help.

  2. Re: Device *just* for email and calendars

    David.L.Epstein@gmail.com wrote:
    > My wife would love a handheld device/phone/whatever through which she
    > can access her email and calendar, and as little else as possible. Is
    > there anything like this on the market, other than a full-blown smart
    > phone or palmtop computer?
    >
    > Answers can be to the group or to me directly. Thanks for any help.

    How about a used handheld? Old palms and WinCE machines are pretty cheap
    these days.

  3. Re: Device *just* for email and calendars

    wrote in message
    news:1116535846.665061.60800@o13g2000cwo.googlegro ups.com...

    > My wife would love a handheld device/phone/whatever through which she
    > can access her email and calendar, and as little else as possible. Is
    > there anything like this on the market, other than a full-blown smart
    > phone or palmtop computer?
    >
    > Answers can be to the group or to me directly. Thanks for any help.

    My 3 year old Sony Ericsson T68i will handle both and will even synch the
    calendar and address book (including email addresses) with Outlook.

  4. Re: Device *just* for email and calendars

    David.L.Epstein@gmail.com wrote:
    > My wife would love a handheld device/phone/whatever through which she
    > can access her email and calendar, and as little else as possible. Is
    > there anything like this on the market, other than a full-blown smart
    > phone or palmtop computer?
    >
    > Answers can be to the group or to me directly. Thanks for any help.

    I'd shoot for like a used Palm. What was that one with built in Wireless
    back a few years ago?

  5. Re: Device *just* for email and calendars

    >David.L.Epstein@gmail.com wrote:
    >> My wife would love a handheld device/phone/whatever through which she
    >> can access her email and calendar, and as little else as possible. Is
    >> there anything like this on the market, other than a full-blown smart
    >> phone or palmtop computer?
    >>
    >> Answers can be to the group or to me directly. Thanks for any help.

    On Thu, 19 May 2005 19:02:13 -0400, "Wasdin, Jake E."
    wrote:
    >I'd shoot for like a used Palm. What was that one with built in Wireless
    >back a few years ago?

    Palm Tungsten W has GSM/GPRS, and T-Mobile offers an unlimited-data, no-voice
    plan for $31/mo. If you are interested in cellular connections, make sure to
    get an UNLOCKED W (ebay.ca is a great source at excellent prices, as Rogers up
    there sold them unlocked).

    Palm Tungsten C has 802.11b WiFi with WEP (no WPA, sorry). Nice PDA.

    --
    John Bartley K7AAY 503.326.2231...147
    telecom syadmin, USBC-Oregon, Portland - Views are mine.

+ Reply to Thread