T5 picture display size - Palmtop

This is a discussion on T5 picture display size - Palmtop ; When browsing pictures on the T5, the default mode is to have the widgets still on-screen and a thin white border around the picture. The device scales the image so that it fills the remaining area, extending beyond the screen ...

  1. T5 picture display size

    When browsing pictures on the T5, the default mode is to have the
    widgets still on-screen and a thin white border around the picture. The
    device scales the image so that it fills the remaining area, extending
    beyond the screen in one dimension if necessary.

    My questions is this: What is the exact pixel size of the remaining
    picture area? For instance, the screen is 320x480, and I guess the
    widget area is about 28 pixels high, the white border looks like 2
    pixels at the top and four elsewhere, so that would mean that 312x446
    is the optimal size for displaying pictures in this manner. However, I
    am not sure if 2 of the pixels of the white border are actual usable
    pixels or not, since the slideshow doesn't use them either, and
    sometimes that border is not present (I looked at another picutre, and
    I think the pic that I used for the original metrics does not actually
    fill the screen width) so that would mean that 320x462 is best,
    assuming that the status bar is 28 pixels.

    Does anyone have the correct numbers?

    Phil Hibbs.

  2. Re: T5 picture display size

    Here I am, answering my own question. I downloaded a screen capture
    program and did the measurements, and the status bar at the bottom
    takes up 32 pixels including the white gap between it and the picture,
    so the optimal picture size is 320 x 448.

    Phil Hibbs.

  3. Re: T5 picture display size

    snarks@gmail.com wrote:
    > Here I am, answering my own question. I downloaded a screen capture
    > program and did the measurements, and the status bar at the bottom
    > takes up 32 pixels including the white gap between it and the picture,
    > so the optimal picture size is 320 x 448.

    There also is the Slideshow mode on the T5 that actually displays a
    picture fullscreen without borders

+ Reply to Thread