Good program to read RTF files? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Good program to read RTF files? - Palmtop ; Hi, I've been using the reliable (but AGED) RichReader on my Palm to read RTF files... but I would like to upgrade to a newer program. I know Documents to Go & TealDOC can probably do that, but I want ...

  1. Good program to read RTF files?

    Hi,
    I've been using the reliable (but AGED) RichReader on my Palm to read
    RTF files... but I would like to upgrade to a newer program. I know
    Documents to Go & TealDOC can probably do that, but I want to keep the
    file footprint as small as possible since I only have 16mb RAM. Also
    desired is the ability to store & access the document files on the SD
    card (RichReader cant do that). So, any suggestions?
    Thx.

  2. Re: Good program to read RTF files?

    On Fri, 13 May 2005 04:02:09 -0700, langzi88 wrote:
    > I've been using the reliable (but AGED) RichReader on my Palm to read
    > RTF files... but I would like to upgrade to a newer program. I know
    > Documents to Go & TealDOC can probably do that, but I want to keep the
    > file footprint as small as possible since I only have 16mb RAM. Also
    > desired is the ability to store & access the document files on the SD
    > card (RichReader cant do that). So, any suggestions?

    Check out WordSmith at BlueNomad.com.

  3. Re: Good program to read RTF files?

    thx. will try that..

  4. Re: Good program to read RTF files?

    On Fri, 13 May 2005 at 11:02 GMT, wrote:

    > I've been using the reliable (but AGED) RichReader on my Palm to read
    > RTF files... but I would like to upgrade to a newer program. I know
    > Documents to Go & TealDOC can probably do that, but I want to keep the
    > file footprint as small as possible since I only have 16mb RAM. Also
    > desired is the ability to store & access the document files on the SD

    If it were me, I'd do:

    ..rtf --> export to .html --> plucker (w/zLib compression).

    I probably sound like a broken record, but I've found plucker freeware
    to be the answer to most of my Palm needs.

    --
    http://cbsrmt.mousetrap.net/RMTdb/ CBS Radio Mystery Theater database
    CBSRMT uploads each day in

  5. Re: Good program to read RTF files?

    langzi88 wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I've been using the reliable (but AGED) RichReader on my Palm to read
    > RTF files... but I would like to upgrade to a newer program. I know
    > Documents to Go & TealDOC can probably do that, but I want to keep the
    > file footprint as small as possible since I only have 16mb RAM. Also
    > desired is the ability to store & access the document files on the SD
    > card (RichReader cant do that). So, any suggestions?
    > Thx.

    I use "Wordsmith". It's fairly cheap, and it doesn't take up but 1.5MB.
    I also have 16MB of RAM so...

    --
    */Jake Wasdin/*
    jake6535@bellsouth.net

    "Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code."
    -Dave Olson

+ Reply to Thread