Treo hybrid headset for the 600 - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Treo hybrid headset for the 600 - Palmtop ; The Treo 650 appears to have a hybrid (stereo + microphone) headset available, while the 600 does not. Is this a hardware limitation of the 600, or is it a marketing thing?...

  1. Treo hybrid headset for the 600

    The Treo 650 appears to have a hybrid (stereo + microphone) headset
    available, while the 600 does not. Is this a hardware limitation of the
    600, or is it a marketing thing?

  2. Re: Treo hybrid headset for the 600

    On Mon, 09 May 2005 23:09:03 -0400, GB wrote:

    >The Treo 650 appears to have a hybrid (stereo + microphone) headset
    >available, while the 600 does not. Is this a hardware limitation of the
    >600, or is it a marketing thing?

    I looked at one of those, it had a 4 pin jack plug on it (4 separate
    bands on the one prong) whereas the handsfree for my 600 only has 3,
    so it might be a hardware thing.

    Phil

  3. Re: Treo hybrid headset for the 600

    Thanks.

    GB

    Phil Thompson wrote:
    > On Mon, 09 May 2005 23:09:03 -0400, GB wrote:
    >

    >>The Treo 650 appears to have a hybrid (stereo + microphone) headset
    >>available, while the 600 does not. Is this a hardware limitation of the
    >>600, or is it a marketing thing?

    > I looked at one of those, it had a 4 pin jack plug on it (4 separate
    > bands on the one prong) whereas the handsfree for my 600 only has 3,
    > so it might be a hardware thing.
    >
    > Phil

  4. Re: Treo hybrid headset for the 600

    Your regular stereo headphones will work with the 600 with an Treo Stereo
    Headphone Adapter
    http://web.palmone.com/products/Cate...html?ID=310005 . Shop around for
    best price.

    "GB" wrote in message
    news:2BVfe.20076$B82.492612@news20.bellglobal.com. ..
    > The Treo 650 appears to have a hybrid (stereo + microphone) headset
    > available, while the 600 does not. Is this a hardware limitation of the
    > 600, or is it a marketing thing?

+ Reply to Thread