Clie won't talk to XP! - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Clie won't talk to XP! - Palmtop ; I have a Sony Clie PEG-N710C with Palm OS Ver 3.5.2. Ever since I upgraded my desktop from Win 2K to Win XP Pro I have not been able to sync with the Clie. I have tried all sorts of ...

  1. Clie won't talk to XP!

    I have a Sony Clie PEG-N710C with Palm OS Ver 3.5.2. Ever since I upgraded
    my desktop from Win 2K to Win XP Pro I have not been able to sync with the
    Clie. I have tried all sorts of combinations of software and it still
    doesn't work. The Clie tries to show up as Com 5, even when the Hotsync
    software says is should be Com 3. I am using the provided USB cradle.

    What am I doing wrong and does anyone have any ideas how to get this working
    again? Its been months and I haven't been able to back up my data. Starting
    to get worried!

    All help greatly appreciated.....

    Paul

  2. Re: Clie won't talk to XP!

    Per Paul Simon:
    >What am I doing wrong and does anyone have any ideas how to get this working
    >again? Its been months and I haven't been able to back up my data. Starting
    >to get worried!

    I'd get a memory stick or two and back up to them until the system thing shakes
    out.

    I "up"-graded to XP last nite and you've confirmed my decision to fall back to
    2000 Pro. Has several other problems besides the Clie.
    --
    PeteCresswell

  3. Re: Clie won't talk to XP!

    Paul Simon wrote:
    > I have a Sony Clie PEG-N710C with Palm OS Ver 3.5.2. Ever since I
    > upgraded my desktop from Win 2K to Win XP Pro I have not been able to
    > sync with the Clie. I have tried all sorts of combinations of
    > software and it still doesn't work. The Clie tries to show up as Com
    > 5, even when the Hotsync software says is should be Com 3. I am using
    > the provided USB cradle.
    >
    > What am I doing wrong and does anyone have any ideas how to get this
    > working again? Its been months and I haven't been able to back up my
    > data. Starting to get worried!
    >
    > All help greatly appreciated.....
    >
    > Paul

    Upgrade to a newer Palm Desktop, v4.x. The newer HotSync Mgr is more
    compliant with XP.