Fast and Cheap SD Card. - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Fast and Cheap SD Card. - Palmtop ; Hello, I'm currently looking for a 1GB SDCARD. I will prefer something which will be compatible with my old Axim X5, but also something enough fast to support video reading and be used within my photo camera. What are currently ...

  1. Fast and Cheap SD Card.

    Hello,

    I'm currently looking for a 1GB SDCARD. I will prefer something which
    will be compatible with my old Axim X5, but also something enough fast
    to support video reading and be used within my photo camera.

    What are currently the best ratio price / performance / fiability brand
    ? Do you have any good "international link" to order some SDcard. Few
    years ago, i was ordering it in australia.

    Thanks in advance.

    Gelu Laurent.

  2. Re: Fast and Cheap SD Card.

    Laurent Gelu wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm currently looking for a 1GB SDCARD. I will prefer something which
    > will be compatible with my old Axim X5, but also something enough fast
    > to support video reading and be used within my photo camera.
    >
    > What are currently the best ratio price / performance / fiability brand
    > ? Do you have any good "international link" to order some SDcard. Few
    > years ago, i was ordering it in australia.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Gelu Laurent.

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW

    PQI are a brilliant brand of SD card, in my opinion. I'm getting 2 of
    these bastards soon.

    --

    Dessimat0r (Chris Dennett) /`\ |
    "We cannot turn back time, but we can _ _|_ _
    move it forwards with our own hands." |;|_|;|_|;|
    \\. . /
    [www: http://codeknight.net ] \\: . /
    [e-mail: dessimat0r@ntlworld.com ] ||: U | /`\
    [icq: 21477909 ] ||:. |
    [msn: dessimat0r@ntlworld.com ] \,/ ||: U.|
    ||: | \,/
    ||: , |
    ___.--'~---''--~.__ __.------'''~`-'-,
    -~--' ~--.__..--~' `~----.__

  3. Re: Fast and Cheap SD Card.

    On Sun, 08 May 2005 21:22:20 GMT, Dessimat0r
    spewed:
    >> I'm currently looking for a 1GB SDCARD. I will prefer something which
    >> will be compatible with my old Axim X5, but also something enough fast
    >> to support video reading and be used within my photo camera.
    >>
    >> What are currently the best ratio price / performance / fiability brand
    >> ? Do you have any good "international link" to order some SDcard. Few
    >> years ago, i was ordering it in australia.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance.
    >>
    >> Gelu Laurent.
    >>

    >http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW
    >
    >PQI are a brilliant brand of SD card, in my opinion. I'm getting 2 of
    >these bastards soon.

    I seem to remember an incompatibility issue with them and 1 device (memory
    fails though) so you might want to post what you've got to see if anybody
    remembers.

    Also, I've just seen that there is a Sandisk Extreme in addition to the
    Ultra II. The Extreme supposedly gets 20MB/sec transfer rate, which is
    drive speed AFAIK. Damn good.
    Dunno what they cost though. The Ultra II's run about $30 more than the
    regular in the 2GB range. Current best I've seen is $142 regular, $172
    Ultra II. Oddly, Ebay sales tend to be higher than that. Guess people
    don't know how to Froogle or something.

    For email response, or CC, please mailto:see.my.sig.4.addr(at)bigfoot.com.
    Yeah, it's really a real address

+ Reply to Thread