How to HotSync one Palm Zire 21 on two PCs? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on How to HotSync one Palm Zire 21 on two PCs? - Palmtop ; I have two PCs, an old Dell Desktop and a new Notebook, both running Palm Desktop version 4.1.4 under Windows XP Pro SP2. The Dell Desktop stays in my home office, while the Notebook travels with me to the office ...

  1. How to HotSync one Palm Zire 21 on two PCs?

    I have two PCs, an old Dell Desktop and a new Notebook, both running Palm
    Desktop version 4.1.4 under Windows XP Pro SP2. The Dell Desktop stays in
    my home office, while the Notebook travels with me to the office and to
    customer sites. I have one Palm Zire 21 with one user that I would like to
    keep in sync with these two PCs via HotSync. Can I do this? If the answer
    is "yes", any tips or tricks to make it go smoothly? Any additional
    software that I should be looking into, etc?
    -
    Peter

  2. Re: How to HotSync one Palm Zire 21 on two PCs?

    "Peter" wrote in

    > I have two PCs, an old Dell Desktop and a new Notebook, both running
    > Palm Desktop version 4.1.4 under Windows XP Pro SP2. The Dell Desktop
    > stays in my home office, while the Notebook travels with me to the
    > office and to customer sites. I have one Palm Zire 21 with one user
    > that I would like to keep in sync with these two PCs via HotSync. Can
    > I do this? If the answer is "yes", any tips or tricks to make it go
    > smoothly? Any additional software that I should be looking into, etc?

    Just install Palm Desktop on both machines, and hotsync. That's all
    there is to it. You can sync one Palm to as many PCs as you like, and
    you can sync as many Palms to one PC as you like, as long as they have
    different hotsync names. You don't need any other software at all.

    --
    Regards,

    Stan

    safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." B. Franklin

  3. Re: How to HotSync one Palm Zire 21 on two PCs?

    Peter wrote:
    > I have two PCs, an old Dell Desktop and a new Notebook, both running

    Palm
    > Desktop version 4.1.4 under Windows XP Pro SP2. The Dell Desktop

    stays in
    > my home office, while the Notebook travels with me to the office and

    > customer sites. I have one Palm Zire 21 with one user that I would

    like to
    > keep in sync with these two PCs via HotSync. Can I do this? If the

    answer
    > is "yes", any tips or tricks to make it go smoothly? Any additional
    > software that I should be looking into, etc?
    > -
    > Peter

    Hello Peter,

    Paul from palmOne here. Stan is quite correct, you can sync to 2
    computers. There are a couple of other tips regarding conduit settings
    that may be of interest to you. The palmOne Knowledge Library article
    "Synchronize with multiple handhelds or with multiple desktop
    computers" covers this and you can read it at
    http://www.palmone.com/cgi-bin/cso_kbURL.cgi?ID=29452

    Best

    Paul
    Paul Novotny