Palm PDA w/hideaway keyboard? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Palm PDA w/hideaway keyboard? - Palmtop ; I am looking for a more compact Palm PDA than my Sony Clie NX70V. I love the Clie's 320 x 480 bright screen and extra keypad, as the keypad has helped while I've used it with my GPS for directions. ...

  1. Palm PDA w/hideaway keyboard?

    I am looking for a more compact Palm PDA than my Sony Clie NX70V. I love
    the Clie's 320 x 480 bright screen and extra keypad, as the keypad has
    helped while I've used it with my GPS for directions. But now I want to
    expand to a BT PDA so I can connect with my cell phone and perform
    occasional Internet surfing.

    I was looking at the Palm Tungsten E2, but it has a 320x320 screen with
    fixed graffiti pad. I thought I saw a Palm PDA with a hideaway thumb
    keypad, providing a full 320 x 480 screen with the option to call up a
    virtual graffiti pad (as I can also do on my Sony).

    My budget has a max of $300.

    Who makes a Palm w/hideaway thumb keyboard and BT and 320x480 screen?

    Thanks.

    Scott

  2. Re: Palm PDA w/hideaway keyboard?

    I believe that you can get a Bluetooth Memory Stick for the NX-70V.
    That would be your best bet if you want a 320 x 480 screen, a thumb
    keyboard, and bluetooth in one device. (The NZ-90 has integrated
    Bluetooth, but if you already have an NX-70V . . .)

    The only two PalmOne models with integrated thumb keyboards are the
    Tungsten C/W and Treo 600/650. I know of no way to use Bluetooth with
    the Tungsten C---although there are Bluetooth SD cards, there are no
    drivers available for OS 5. The Treo 650 does include Bluetooth, but,
    like the Tungsten C, has a 320 x 320 pixel screen. These devices are
    considerably smaller and lighter than the Sony Clie NX-70V or the
    NZ-90.

    In sum, you'll have to make compromises somewhere---maybe the WiFi on a
    device like the Tungsten C, or long range wireless on the Tungsten W or
    the Treo 600 or 650 will make Bluetooth unnecessary. You would also
    have to live with a 320 x 320 pixel screen. Alternatively, sticking
    with the Sony Clie series you already own, and adding a Bluetooth
    MemoryStick could give you exactly what you asked for, and probably for
    the lowest price, although you'd have a bulkier device.

    Take a look at my website for more in-depth reviews of some of these
    different options:

    http://sam.lipoff.org/palmpilot/whichpalm.html

+ Reply to Thread