*Caution: Long Post*

Hi,
I've been trying to do this for awhile, using the most recent phonelink
file & Palm OS update from Palm site. I set up the connection w/
Tungsten w/ the "Phone Link" application on Tungsten, & they are
successful. I actually can dial out from the PDA, & am able to
establish GPRS connection w/ ATT wireless.
Problem: when I try to run a WAP session on the PDA w/ WAPuniverse (3rd
party WAP browser for the Tungsten), I get the GPRS connection, but
cant browse any site.. what I get is errors:
1. 502: Bad Gateway
2. Error: Unhandled server response!

So... what am i doing wrong here? I tried to search the forum cuz there
were threads regarding the BT issues, but cant find them now... the
threads were posted long time (like 6-7 months) ago tho.
Heres actually what I found in the old thread:

Ok, I found a great post on Howard Forums on how to tether a T3 with a
v600 and connect on Tmobile's system. Since I have a T (not T3) and
need to connect on AT&T's system, I was cautiously optimistic.

(There is a solution on AT&T's wesbite for the v600 and the Tungsten T,
but if you follow it, it does not work).

In any event, this is the link to the tMobile solution:
http://www.howardforums.com/showthr...0+%2Bt3+%2Bgprs

Better yet, his is my version of how to make this work on the AT&T
system. It has worked for me! I give full credit to the solution on
AT&T's wesbite which did not work, for filling in some of the details
needed, and for the Howard Forum post, both of which I have plagarized
below in part.

Setting up the phone handset

1. On the handset press the middle menu button to get to the icon
screen.

2. Scroll to the Settings icon and press the Select button.

3. Scroll to Connection and press the Select button.

4. Scroll to Bluetooth Link and press the Select button.

5. Scroll to Setup and press the Select button.

6. Scroll to Power and press the Change button.

7. Highlight On and press the Select button.

8. Scroll to Find Me and press the Select button. This makes the
handset discoverable by your Palm for 60 seconds. Because of this, if
you do not do the next step fast enough, you may have to perform the
steps above to make the handset discoverable again for another 60
seconds.

Setting up the connection on the Tungsten

1. On the PDA tap on the Home icon in the Graffiti Writing area, then
tap on the Prefs icon.

2. Tap to select Communication as the preference type, then tap to
select Bluetooth from the available list.

3. On the Bluetooth drop down menu, tap to select On. Tap to Select No
on the Discoverable drop down menu (or this could be set to yes, if you
wish for other purposes). Tap on Trusted Devices.

4. Tap on Add Device.

5. Highlight the handset, and then tap on OK .

6. Enter the Passkey on the PDA (this can be any code you pick - I
suggest 1234), and then tap on OK.

7. On the handset enter the same Passkey (ie 1234), and then press the
OK button.

8. The handset will now be added to the Trusted Devices list.

9. Return to the Preferences menu, and then tap on Communication, and
then tap on Connection.

10. Tap on New

10A. Type v600 for the Name. In the Connect to: drop down menu select
Phone. In the Via drop down box select Bluetooth. In the Device: box
tap to find the handset if it is not already listed. (If your Palm says
"no Bluetooth devices found" simply make the phone discoverable again
for 60 seconds using the directions above under "setting up the
handset" and then tap the box to find the handset on your Palm again.)
In the model drop down box select "Standard GSM". (Hopefully there will
be a v600 driver soon!). Click OK, and then click new again.

11. Type AT&T GPRS for the Name:. In the Connect to: drop down menu,
select Local Network (note this is different than AT&T's directions,
which told us to select "Modem"). In the Via: drop down menu select
Bluetooth. In the Device: box tap to find the handset if it is not
already listed. (If your Palm says "no Bluetooth devices found" simply
make the phone discoverable again for 60 seconds using the directions
above under "setting up the handset" and then tap the box to find the
handset on your Palm again.)

12. Click on Details, and verify the following settings:

Speed: 57,600 bps

Flow Ctl: Automatic

13. Click Ok, then Ok, then Done.

14. If prompted, tap on Yes if you want to make the connection your
default.

15. Return to the Preferences menu, and then tap on Communication, and
then tap on Phone. Select v600 from the Connection drop down menu. You
may click test to check the bluetooth connection; you should get a
message saying the connection works, but the driver is not correct.
Click ok to ignore the message, and click done.

15A. From the Preferences menu, tap on Communication, and then tap on
Network

16. In the Service: drop down menu type AT&T GPRS . In the User name
and Password fields type a. (just the letter "a") In the Connection
drop down menu tap to select AT&T GPRS.

17. For the Phone #: type *99#, and then tap on OK .

18. Click Details... and verify the following information:

Connection type: PPP

Idle timeout: 3 minutes (any setting is fine, this selects when your
data connection will disconnect if you are idle. Since you do not pay
for time connected, and only data sent, consider setting this for 3
minutes or even never - if you will remember to manually drop the data
connection when you are done)

Query DNS: Checked

IP Address: Automatic

9. Click Script... and create your login script as follows:

Send: AT&FX1E0V1

Send CR:

Send CR:

Send: CR:

Send CR:

Send: ATDT*99#

Send CR:

Wait For: CONNECT

End:

Note: you create your script by selecting the first drop down, changing
it to "Send" and then filling in the text above. Then click on the next
drop down, which says "END" and change it to the next entry above.

10. Click Ok, and then Ok again.

Making the connection

1. On the PDA in the Network box tap on Connect.

You will now be connected to the AT&T Wireless GPRS Service.

Note, some programs allow you to connect another way. For example, I am
using VersaMail, and it allowed me to connect from within the program
simply by clicking "get mail".

Good luck. Since this was a combination of other solutions, I welcome
any enhancements or changes others suggest. But this is working for me,
and I can both send and receive data, and also use my Palm's contacts
to initiate a call to a number that is not in my v600's memory, but is
in my Palm.

This took me several hours over the past week, but I could not have
done it without the work of other, more computer literate types, who
posted the solutions on the AT&T and Howard Forum sites. Good luck!
//Unquote

I followed this but.. didnt work! Actually I couldnt even establish
GPRS connection w/ the phone...

Well, so my questions is, where is the problem? Should I change the
script? or is it becauze Cingular owns ATT now? Or does it have to w/
WAPuniverse?

THanks ~~