Graffiti1 onto Palm Tungsten T5 ??? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Graffiti1 onto Palm Tungsten T5 ??? - Palmtop ; I just started working on a new T5 after a glourius past with all the other devices starting from Palmpilot 1000 to Tungsten T. Now finally I've approached the infamous Graffiti2: after years being accustomed to G1 it's really difficult ...

  1. Graffiti1 onto Palm Tungsten T5 ???

    I just started working on a new T5 after a glourius past with all the
    other devices starting from Palmpilot 1000 to Tungsten T.

    Now finally I've approached the infamous Graffiti2: after years being
    accustomed to G1 it's really difficult to go with G2.
    Anyway G2 is really a downgrade in terms of effectiveness and speed.

    Yes I know, it has been already discussed. I read a lot about this
    topic here and in other NG. I'm just wondering if is there any good
    news.

    Is there any trick to revive the G1 as it was available before with
    former Palm versions?
    Is there any vendor that have something suitable? I do NOT want to have
    a tool to teach G1 to, I just want a G1 ready to go.

    Let me know.

    Greg.

  2. Re: Graffiti1 onto Palm Tungsten T5 ???

    If you wan to use Graffiti 1 with your PalmOS 5.4 device (Tunsten T5 or
    Treo 650), try this patched version: http://yahm.palmoid.com/G14OS54.zip

    It's slightly tuned Graffiti 1 libraries.

    Igor Nestorov, the man behind YAHM, has done it again! If you just can't
    abide Graffiti 2, Igor has patched Graffiti1 to work on the devices running
    Garnet 5.4.

    --
    Gerry aka (The MOTH)
    SG1 Edinburgh

    'Time is short. Life is cruel. Its up to us to change, this town called
    malice'
    "Greg" wrote in message
    news:1114518610.039339.132770@z14g2000cwz.googlegr oups.com...
    > I just started working on a new T5 after a glourius past with all the
    > other devices starting from Palmpilot 1000 to Tungsten T.
    >
    > Now finally I've approached the infamous Graffiti2: after years being
    > accustomed to G1 it's really difficult to go with G2.
    > Anyway G2 is really a downgrade in terms of effectiveness and speed.
    >
    > Yes I know, it has been already discussed. I read a lot about this
    > topic here and in other NG. I'm just wondering if is there any good
    > news.
    >
    > Is there any trick to revive the G1 as it was available before with
    > former Palm versions?
    > Is there any vendor that have something suitable? I do NOT want to have
    > a tool to teach G1 to, I just want a G1 ready to go.
    >
    > Let me know.
    >
    > Greg.

  3. Re: Graffiti1 onto Palm Tungsten T5 ???

    Wow, wonderful! Exactly what I was looking for.
    Now my palm goes like a rocket.

    Thanks very much to Igor for the good work.
    And thanks to Gerry too.

    Greg

+ Reply to Thread