Palm m500 gets frozen - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Palm m500 gets frozen - Palmtop ; Hi, I'm having a Palm m500 which I bought on ebay. In 70% of the usage the palm is working fine but sometimes I get the problem that it stops working and the system is frozen for couple of minutes. ...

  1. Palm m500 gets frozen

    Hi,

    I'm having a Palm m500 which I bought on ebay.

    In 70% of the usage the palm is working fine but sometimes
    I get the problem that it stops working and the system is
    frozen for couple of minutes.
    In this state neither the buttons nor the touchscreen react.
    Than, after a break of 2-3 minutes (or sometimes longer) the palm
    wakes up and executes all the activities. It's like it was saving all
    button hits and touchscreen activities in a queue while idleling and than
    working off one command after the other.

    I did a software reset, a hardware reset and also used both the original
    Windows software and the Linux jpilot for synchronization. But all
    didn't help. The problem remains.

    Does anyone have a similar problem or know any solution for that?

    Thanks
    Chris

  2. Re: Palm m500 gets frozen

    In article <4268c7e7$0$7523$9b4e6d93@newsread2.arcor-online.net>,
    Christian Christmann wrote:
    > I get the problem that it stops working and the system is
    > frozen for couple of minutes.
    > In this state neither the buttons nor the touchscreen react.
    > Than, after a break of 2-3 minutes (or sometimes longer) the palm
    > wakes up and executes all the activities. It's like it was saving all
    > button hits and touchscreen activities in a queue while idleling and than
    > working off one command after the other.

    If the digitizer were acting up, it could lock up the machine, but
    I don't see how it would 'queue up' activity. What third-party apps
    and hacks are you running?

    Worst case, the OS is missing an interrupt or something and waiting
    until another one comes, but other interrupt-driven activity (like
    screen input) is at least received, but not acted upon. That would
    point to hardware trouble... :-/

    --
    Sincerely,

    Ray Ingles (313) 227-2317

    Only one thing is impossible for God: to find any sense in
    any copyright law on the planet. - Mark Twain

  3. Re: Palm m500 gets frozen

    On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 at 09:50 GMT, wrote:

    > I'm having a Palm m500 which I bought on ebay.

    You can apply the os 4.1 upgrade (free off the palm support site) and
    see if that helps. I just upgraded mine and it went fine.

    --
    http://cbsrmt.mousetrap.net/RMTdb/ CBS Radio Mystery Theater database
    CBSRMT uploads each day in

+ Reply to Thread