Need general information about PDAs - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Need general information about PDAs - Palmtop ; I am in the market to buy a PDA. Can anyone here tell me what web sites will give me everything I need to know about them, including recommendations on specific makes and models? -Jonathan...

  1. Need general information about PDAs

    I am in the market to buy a PDA. Can anyone here tell me what web
    sites will give me everything I need to know about them, including
    recommendations on specific makes and models?

    -Jonathan

  2. Re: Need general information about PDAs

    If you are going to ask the same question in multiple groups, please
    post to all the groups at once, so we can all participate together. I
    answered your question in comp.sys.handhelds.

    On 21 Apr 2005 12:04:26 -0700, jfklein@shaw.ca (Jonathan) wrote:

    >I am in the market to buy a PDA. Can anyone here tell me what web
    >sites will give me everything I need to know about them, including
    >recommendations on specific makes and models?
    >
    >-Jonathan

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    PenFact, Inc.
    500 Harrison Ave., Suite 3R
    Boston, MA 02118
    www.penfact.com

  3. Re: Need general information about PDAs

    A lot of people don't like cross-posted messages and don't respond to
    them. That's why I posted separately to each group.

    -Jonathan

    r_z_aret@pen_fact.com wrote in message news:<6sii611u6crace6u8s3p6dqg8giemre6ag@4ax.com>...
    > If you are going to ask the same question in multiple groups, please
    > post to all the groups at once, so we can all participate together. I
    > answered your question in comp.sys.handhelds.
    >
    > On 21 Apr 2005 12:04:26 -0700, jfklein@shaw.ca (Jonathan) wrote:
    >
    > >I am in the market to buy a PDA. Can anyone here tell me what web
    > >sites will give me everything I need to know about them, including
    > >recommendations on specific makes and models?
    > >
    > >-Jonathan

    > To reply to me, remove the underscores (_) from my email address (and please indicate which newsgroup and message).
    >
    > Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    > PenFact, Inc.
    > 500 Harrison Ave., Suite 3R
    > Boston, MA 02118
    > www.penfact.com

  4. Re: Need general information about PDAs

    Is that the opinion of newsgroup users in general or just yours?

    Bill Marcum wrote in message news:...
    > On 24 Apr 2005 11:09:50 -0700, Jonathan
    > wrote:
    > > A lot of people don't like cross-posted messages and don't respond to
    > > them. That's why I posted separately to each group.
    > >
    > > -Jonathan

    > Separate identical posts to multiple groups are worse than
    > cross-posting.

  5. Re: Need general information about PDAs

    On 25 Apr 2005 08:57:38 -0700, jfklein@shaw.ca (Jonathan) wrote:

    >Is that the opinion of newsgroup users in general or just yours?

    I've seen several other folks post notes like mine about posting to
    all newsgroups at once. Once in a while, I've seen a complaint about
    _excessive_ cross posting, especially when some of the groups are
    inappropriate. Your reply is the first time I've seen anyone question
    the suggestion to post simultaneously. I hope that doesn't mean folks
    with contrary opinions feel inhibited. I think it means folks either
    agree or don't care much. I'm genuinely curious about where you got
    the idea that cross-posting simultaneously is unwanted.

    Quite a few newsgroup denizens have strong opinions. At least some of
    us try to state our preferences, but live with those of others. Some
    folks get verbally abusive. And some folks simply ignore folks whose
    behavior they don't like. No one can possibly satisfy everyone. With a
    little practice, you'll find an approach that works for you.

    >Bill Marcum wrote in message news:...
    >> On 24 Apr 2005 11:09:50 -0700, Jonathan
    >> wrote:
    >> > A lot of people don't like cross-posted messages and don't respond to
    >> > them. That's why I posted separately to each group.
    >> >
    >> > -Jonathan

    >> Separate identical posts to multiple groups are worse than
    >> cross-posting.

    Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
    PenFact, Inc.
    500 Harrison Ave., Suite 3R
    Boston, MA 02118
    www.penfact.com

  6. Re: Need general information about PDAs

    Here in comp.sys.palmtops, r_z_aret@pen_fact.com spake unto us, saying:

    >I'm genuinely curious about where you got the idea that cross-posting
    >simultaneously is unwanted.

    Speaking for myself -- a properly crossposted message is stored once in
    my local news database (since it only has one unique message ID), and
    it is automagically marked as read when I see the first occurrence.

    A message which is posted individually to multiple groups (a practice
    often referred to as "multiposting") is stored once for each group that
    I read, and I have to see each copy and mark it "read" again even if
    I've read it already.

    I dislike multiposting for the above reasons. It's wasteful.

    Crossposting has generally been frowned upon also if done to extremes,
    but there are times when it's quite legimate.

    --
    -Rich Steiner >>>---> http://www.visi.com/~rsteiner >>>---> Smyrna, GA USA
    The Theorem Theorem: If If, Then Then.

+ Reply to Thread