how do I replace my palm installation disc? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on how do I replace my palm installation disc? - Palmtop ; I had my briefcase stolen with my T3 installation disk inside. Does anyone know what I can do to replace it? I either need a cheap/free replacement for the disc or a list of the downloads I need to install ...

  1. how do I replace my palm installation disc?

    I had my briefcase stolen with my T3 installation disk inside.

    Does anyone know what I can do to replace it? I either need a cheap/free
    replacement for the disc or a list of the downloads I need to install my
    palm to a new pc.

    I also feel I have to make a point here. This is a brutally simple question
    that I should have been able to ask palm - for free. I don't expect to have
    to pay for something like this. The website is worse than useless and just
    gives you the run around (or kicks you off). I'm strongly considering not
    going with palm next time because of the inaccessible support. Thank
    goodness for forums like this!

    Many thanks.

  2. Re: how do I replace my palm installation disc?

    John Constable wrote:

    > I had my briefcase stolen with my T3 installation disk inside.
    >
    > Does anyone know what I can do to replace it? I either need a cheap/free
    > replacement for the disc or a list of the downloads I need to install my
    > palm to a new pc.
    >
    > I also feel I have to make a point here. This is a brutally simple question
    > that I should have been able to ask palm - for free. I don't expect to have
    > to pay for something like this. The website is worse than useless and just
    > gives you the run around (or kicks you off). I'm strongly considering not
    > going with palm next time because of the inaccessible support. Thank
    > goodness for forums like this!

    Is this what you're looking for?

    http://www.palmone.com/us/software/palm/

    Notan

  3. Re: how do I replace my palm installation disc?

    Looks like it might be!
    Forgive my ignorance but:

    1) is this ok for the UK

    2) is this what I need for hot syncing or do I need something else too?

    "Notan" wrote in message
    > John Constable wrote:
    > >
    > > I had my briefcase stolen with my T3 installation disk inside.
    > >
    > > Does anyone know what I can do to replace it? I either need a cheap/free
    > > replacement for the disc or a list of the downloads I need to install my
    > > palm to a new pc.
    > >
    > > I also feel I have to make a point here. This is a brutally simple

    question
    > > that I should have been able to ask palm - for free. I don't expect to

    have
    > > to pay for something like this. The website is worse than useless and

    just
    > > gives you the run around (or kicks you off). I'm strongly considering

    not
    > > going with palm next time because of the inaccessible support. Thank
    > > goodness for forums like this!

    > Is this what you're looking for?
    >
    > http://www.palmone.com/us/software/palm/
    >
    > Notan

  4. Re: how do I replace my palm installation disc?

    John Constable wrote:

    > Looks like it might be!
    > Forgive my ignorance but:
    >
    > 1) is this ok for the UK
    >
    > 2) is this what I need for hot syncing or do I need something else too?

    1) I'm not sure if Palm's Desktop is any different in the UK.
    (I'm using the US version.)

    2) The Desktop software contains everything you need to place
    Desktop on, well, your Desktop (!), and all other conduits,
    etc., to sync it to your T3.

    http://www.palmone.com/us/software/desktop/

    Notan

  5. Re: how do I replace my palm installation disc?

    Magic - thanks for all the advice.

    "Notan" wrote in message
    > John Constable wrote:
    > >
    > > Looks like it might be!
    > > Forgive my ignorance but:
    > >
    > > 1) is this ok for the UK
    > >
    > > 2) is this what I need for hot syncing or do I need something else too?

    > 1) I'm not sure if Palm's Desktop is any different in the UK.
    > (I'm using the US version.)
    >
    > 2) The Desktop software contains everything you need to place
    > Desktop on, well, your Desktop (!), and all other conduits,
    > etc., to sync it to your T3.
    >
    > http://www.palmone.com/us/software/desktop/
    >
    > Notan

+ Reply to Thread