Multiple Palm PDAs - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Multiple Palm PDAs - Palmtop ; I had three Sony Clie's two of which had identical information. They were HotSync'd through my desktop and everything worked very well. Last week one of the Clie's was stolen. Only phone book data was on that PDA so identity ...

  1. Multiple Palm PDAs

    I had three Sony Clie's two of which had identical information. They
    were HotSync'd through my desktop and everything worked very well. Last
    week one of the Clie's was stolen. Only phone book data was on that PDA
    so identity or financial theft is not a concern.

    I want to replace the Clie and will probably purchase a used one through
    eBay. However, should I choose another brand (but still with the Palm
    O/S) will I encounter any problems in keeping both sets of data on my
    desktop Version 4.1.4 as I do now?

    Anything else I should consider?

    RogerB

  2. Re: Multiple Palm PDAs

    My experience with Palms and Clie's indicated that the Clie desktop software
    is not necessarily compatible with Palm - and vice versa.

    Free software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com

    "RogerB" wrote in message
    news:rec9e.525$yd7.276@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com. ..
    > I had three Sony Clie's two of which had identical information. They
    > were HotSync'd through my desktop and everything worked very well. Last
    > week one of the Clie's was stolen. Only phone book data was on that PDA
    > so identity or financial theft is not a concern.
    >
    > I want to replace the Clie and will probably purchase a used one through
    > eBay. However, should I choose another brand (but still with the Palm
    > O/S) will I encounter any problems in keeping both sets of data on my
    > desktop Version 4.1.4 as I do now?
    >
    > Anything else I should consider?
    >
    > RogerB

+ Reply to Thread