Fatal alert/fatal exception message during hotsynching Palm - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Fatal alert/fatal exception message during hotsynching Palm - Palmtop ; Recently, while hotsynching my Palm Pilot m505 and right up to the point of synchronizing ePocrates Rx, the same 'fatal alert/fatal excpetion' been appearing. I also noticed when opening the ePocrates Rx program, a message staing 'fatal alert plus cannotopen ...

  1. Fatal alert/fatal exception message during hotsynching Palm

    Recently, while hotsynching my Palm Pilot m505 and right up to the point of
    synchronizing ePocrates Rx, the same 'fatal alert/fatal excpetion' been
    appearing. I also noticed when opening the ePocrates Rx program, a message
    staing 'fatal alert plus cannotopen last host sync pdb' shows up. I've reset
    my Palms several times including soft and warm resets plus using the
    troubleshooting steps from www.palm.com . The only thing I haven't tried was
    a hard reset or should I??? Please advise. Thanks!! donald

  2. Re: Fatal alert/fatal exception message during hotsynching Palm

    dxmah wrote:
    > Recently, while hotsynching my Palm Pilot m505 and right up to the point of
    > synchronizing ePocrates Rx, the same 'fatal alert/fatal excpetion' been
    > appearing. I also noticed when opening the ePocrates Rx program, a message
    > staing 'fatal alert plus cannotopen last host sync pdb' shows up. I've reset
    > my Palms several times including soft and warm resets plus using the
    > troubleshooting steps from www.palm.com . The only thing I haven't tried was
    > a hard reset or should I??? Please advise. Thanks!! donald

    When things like that happen, I start deleting individual programs. In
    this case, I'd delete ePocrates Rx and see how the device acted after
    that. Having a backup program helps, especially if the suspect can be
    restored from a time when it was acting properly.

+ Reply to Thread