Tapwave v T5 - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Tapwave v T5 - Palmtop ; I was looking into what's available, just in case I move machines. The PC World round the corner is selling the Tapwave Zodiac 2 for 150GBP and the T5 for 250GBP. Both bluetooth, both OS 5.2, both 320x480 screen. Am ...

  1. Tapwave v T5

    I was looking into what's available, just in case I move machines.

    The PC World round the corner is selling the Tapwave Zodiac 2 for
    150GBP and the T5 for 250GBP.

    Both bluetooth, both OS 5.2, both 320x480 screen.

    Am I missing something?
    What is extra for the 100 (180USD)?

    I see that the Palm has double the memory, anything else?

    Alan Sherman

  2. Re: Tapwave v T5

    In article , Alan Sherman wrote:
    > What is extra for the 100 (180USD)?
    >
    > I see that the Palm has double the memory, anything else?

    The T5 has built-in flash memory, so if the batteries die the data
    isn't lost. Personlly, I back mine up to a flash card on a scheduled
    basis and don't worry much. The T5 can also act as a USB hard drive;
    the Zodiac can with something like Card Export, too, though.

    Perhaps there's something else, too. The T5 might have a more
    comfortable form factor for some things, I dunno.

    --
    Sincerely,

    Ray Ingles (313) 227-2317

    It's funny how, when it's an economic issue, it's all "We are fifty
    sovereign states" but when it's a (so-called) moral issue, all of a
    sudden we are one nation. - Bernard HP Gilroy

  3. Re: Tapwave v T5

    In article ,
    alansherm@aol.com says...
    > I was looking into what's available, just in case I move machines.
    >
    > The PC World round the corner is selling the Tapwave Zodiac 2 for
    > 150GBP and the T5 for 250GBP.
    >
    > Both bluetooth, both OS 5.2, both 320x480 screen.
    >
    > Am I missing something?
    > What is extra for the 100 (180USD)?
    >
    > I see that the Palm has double the memory, anything else?

    The tapwave has custom graphics and sound chips, and 2 SD slots.
    Remember that it was launched as a gaming Palm.

    --
    AG

    Remove removes from address to remove anti-spam measures.
    Alan Gauton E-Mail agauton @ postmaster.co.uk

    Never for me the lowered banner, never the last endeavour!
    (Damon Hill - 16th June 1999)

+ Reply to Thread