I don't see the light - Palmtop

This is a discussion on I don't see the light - Palmtop ; I had a weekend where my Zire 71 got wet and after the clicking stopped and the screen stopped trying to beam all the time, It's finally settled down and all the data is there but no backlight. After drying ...

  1. I don't see the light

    I had a weekend where my Zire 71 got wet and after the clicking
    stopped and the screen stopped trying to beam all the time, It's
    finally settled down and all the data is there but no backlight.

    After drying out the alarm works, syncing is OK, I can (only just)
    read the stuff, camera OK will the light recover?

    Is this a doable repair job or not worth it?

    Anybody any experience of all working except the backlight?

    Thanks

    Alan Sherman

  2. Re: I don't see the light

    On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 13:22:43 +0000 (UTC), Alan Sherman
    came right out and said:

    >I had a weekend where my Zire 71 got wet and after the clicking
    >stopped and the screen stopped trying to beam all the time, It's
    >finally settled down and all the data is there but no backlight.
    >
    >After drying out the alarm works, syncing is OK, I can (only just)
    >read the stuff, camera OK will the light recover?
    >
    >Is this a doable repair job or not worth it?
    >
    >Anybody any experience of all working except the backlight?
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Alan Sherman

    More crap from Palm.

    --
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me
    than a frontal lobotomy.

  3. Re: I don't see the light

    "Bruno" wrote in message
    > On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 13:22:43 +0000 (UTC), Alan Sherman
    > came right out and said:
    >
    > >I had a weekend where my Zire 71 got wet and after the clicking
    > >stopped and the screen stopped trying to beam all the time, It's
    > >finally settled down and all the data is there but no backlight.
    > >
    > >After drying out the alarm works, syncing is OK, I can (only just)
    > >read the stuff, camera OK will the light recover?
    > >
    > >Is this a doable repair job or not worth it?
    > >
    > >Anybody any experience of all working except the backlight?
    > >
    > >Thanks
    > >
    > >Alan Sherman
    > >

    > More crap from Palm.

    An electonic device gets wet, no longer works properly, and you blame the
    manufacturer. Brilliant.

+ Reply to Thread