PDA recommedations - Palmtop

This is a discussion on PDA recommedations - Palmtop ; I need to replace a palm m105. Do not need camera/music/wifi/etc just basic PDA functions. I thought this would be simple. Get a new palm PDA. Either a zire 31 or tungsten e. However the user reviews are damming for ...

  1. PDA recommedations

    I need to replace a palm m105. Do not need camera/music/wifi/etc just basic
    PDA functions. I thought this would be simple. Get a new palm PDA. Either a
    zire 31 or tungsten e. However the user reviews are damming for reliability.
    Especially the tungsten e which seems to have a less than one year half
    life. I must assume that Palm hardware is disposable and thus not for me.
    I would prefer not to change OS but it seems that palm is the only player
    left in this game. I want new not used or refurbished.
    Any suggestions? If I go with a Dell can I transfer my rather large palm OS
    address and datebook (5 years worth of data) to the new OS or does it all
    need to be reentered.

    Thanks for any advice
    Howard

  2. Re: PDA recommedations

    On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 15:27:52 GMT, "Howard Nelson"
    came right out and said:

    >I need to replace a palm m105. Do not need camera/music/wifi/etc just basic
    >PDA functions. I thought this would be simple. Get a new palm PDA. Either a
    >zire 31 or tungsten e. However the user reviews are damming for reliability.
    >Especially the tungsten e which seems to have a less than one year half
    >life. I must assume that Palm hardware is disposable and thus not for me.
    >I would prefer not to change OS but it seems that palm is the only player
    >left in this game. I want new not used or refurbished.
    >Any suggestions? If I go with a Dell can I transfer my rather large palm OS
    >address and datebook (5 years worth of data) to the new OS or does it all
    >need to be reentered.
    >
    >Thanks for any advice
    >Howard

    Sync your Palm to Outlook. Backup your PST file. Install ActiveSync,
    sync your new PPC, and you're done. Go for it. You won't regret it.

    Maybe I'll go back in a few years, if someone other than Palm is
    building a decent OS 6 device. We'll see.

    --
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me
    than a frontal lobotomy.

+ Reply to Thread