Palm "install" lists not consistent - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Palm "install" lists not consistent - Palmtop ; I use my palm to read e-books (Zire 21). I have Palm Reader installed, and I rotate through e-books. I've noticed that my list of installed software (in the list of apps I can "delete" is consistently different from what's ...

  1. Palm "install" lists not consistent

    I use my palm to read e-books (Zire 21). I have Palm Reader installed,
    and I rotate through e-books. I've noticed that my list of installed
    software (in the list of apps I can "delete" is consistently different
    from what's listed in my ebook list for Palm Reader. E-books I've
    'deleted' are still in memory (I can open them and read them) even
    though they disappear from the delete list, and other books I've
    installed don't show up to read.

    Then, when I look at my "Backup" and "Archive" folders on my palm,
    ebooks show up in those that aren't visible anywhere in my actual
    palm.

    I realize that the ebooks that don't show up as available to the
    reader may not be compatible with it, but, why can I 'delete' e-books
    and yet they're still in memory? What about these e-books in the
    archive/backup folders -- are they taking up valuable memory space?

    Is it possible to use some app to figure out what's REALLY installed
    in my Palm (and clean things up a bit?)

    Gwen

  2. Re: Palm "install" lists not consistent

    On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 21:09:24 -0500, Gwen Morse
    wrote:

    >Is it possible to use some app to figure out what's REALLY installed
    >in my Palm (and clean things up a bit?)
    >
    >Gwen

    Isn't that what FileZ is about?
    http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/filez.shtml