Auto-Off Malfunction - Tungsten T2 - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Auto-Off Malfunction - Tungsten T2 - Palmtop ; I always wished that the Auto-Off feature could be set to "Never". Weeelllll ..., I got my wish today, in the form of my dead cold T2, with a depleted battery. Seems the function "das kaput". Everything else works just ...

  1. Auto-Off Malfunction - Tungsten T2

    I always wished that the Auto-Off feature could be set to "Never".

    Weeelllll ..., I got my wish today, in the form of my dead cold T2,
    with a depleted battery.

    Seems the function "das kaput". Everything else works just fine
    including all other turn on / off features (the slider thing, etc.
    ....).

    Tried a cold (most severe) restart but NG !

    Everything OK, just no auto-off.

    Anybody with thoughts on this? ....

  2. Re: Auto-Off Malfunction - Tungsten T2

    Stephen G. Giannoni wrote:

    > I always wished that the Auto-Off feature could be set to "Never".
    >
    > Weeelllll ..., I got my wish today, in the form of my dead cold T2,
    > with a depleted battery.
    >
    > Seems the function "das kaput". Everything else works just fine
    > including all other turn on / off features (the slider thing, etc.
    > ...).
    >
    > Tried a cold (most severe) restart but NG !
    >
    > Everything OK, just no auto-off.
    >
    > Anybody with thoughts on this? ....

    it sounds possible that you let your battery drain completely. If that's the
    case, you must let it recharge before attempting anything. Even if you hard
    reset while connected to the cradle, you would have no luck.

    The auto-off mechanism is your friend . It is not intended to save you that
    'press Power when finished' chore as much as it is intended to prevent
    accidental power-ups. Remember that if any of 5 (or 6) buttons is pressed
    while in your pocket, it can cause complete disaster.

    It would be nice if there was a backlight-off or vibrate option after some
    set idle time...

    Roy

    --
    Roy Schestowitz
    http://schestowitz.com

  3. Re: Auto-Off Malfunction - Tungsten T2

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Stephen G. Giannoni wrote:
    >
    > > I always wished that the Auto-Off feature could be set to "Never".
    > >
    > > Weeelllll ..., I got my wish today, in the form of my dead cold T2,
    > > with a depleted battery.
    > >
    > > Seems the function "das kaput". Everything else works just fine
    > > including all other turn on / off features (the slider thing, etc.
    > > ...).
    > >
    > > Tried a cold (most severe) restart but NG !
    > >
    > > Everything OK, just no auto-off.
    > >
    > > Anybody with thoughts on this? ....

    > it sounds possible that you let your battery drain completely. If that's the
    > case, you must let it recharge before attempting anything. Even if you hard
    > reset while connected to the cradle, you would have no luck.
    >
    > The auto-off mechanism is your friend . It is not intended to save you that
    > 'press Power when finished' chore as much as it is intended to prevent
    > accidental power-ups. Remember that if any of 5 (or 6) buttons is pressed
    > while in your pocket, it can cause complete disaster.
    >
    > It would be nice if there was a backlight-off or vibrate option after some
    > set idle time...
    >
    > Roy

    For backlight off option try HandyAid:
    http://pachome1.pacific.net.sg/~kokm...d/handyaid.htm
    Dims screen after preset time, auto off up to 20 mins, prevents
    accidental switch on and much more

    tony

  4. Re: Auto-Off Malfunction - Tungsten T2

    >it sounds possible that you let your battery drain completely.

    Yes, as described, but then I was sure to fully charge the battery,
    and still NO Auto-Off functioning

+ Reply to Thread