Did I kill my Zire 72? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Did I kill my Zire 72? - Palmtop ; Tried to hotsyc my Z72 with the company computer. Company computer has the lasted version of hotsyc for my old m105 on it, but it takes one of the IT guys to install new software on the company computer, and ...

  1. Did I kill my Zire 72?

    Tried to hotsyc my Z72 with the company computer. Company computer has
    the lasted version of hotsyc for my old m105 on it, but it takes one of
    the IT guys to install new software on the company computer, and they
    just haven't got it done yet. Thought I'd just try to hotsync the Z72,
    thinking that all the desktop programs were the same. Wrong! I set up
    a profile using the Z72's name and it did connect. I looked at the log
    and it said all applications were "OK" except for photos. Then when I
    looked in the apps, there was nothing there. Saw that at least all the
    catagories for photos were there so tried to open one.

    The Z72 came up with a Fatal Error. MemoryMgr.c,line:3632, Null
    Handle. Then it had a button on the bottome of the alert that said
    Reset. All the while the Z72 is making a faint, very fast clicking
    sound. Tried the reset button, nothing. Tried the reset button in the
    back and the Z72 seemed to reset -- came up at the Date and Time
    window. When I tapped the "Home" icon, it went back to the Fatal Error
    alert.

    Did I kill my Z72? I've got the Z72 software on my home computer.
    Should I try to syc with that? I'm feeling pretty stupid here.

    robre

  2. Re: Did I kill my Zire 72?

    Bill Marcum wrote:
    > On 10 Mar 2005 08:22:16 -0800, robre
    > wrote:
    > > The Z72 came up with a Fatal Error. MemoryMgr.c,line:3632, Null
    > > Handle. Then it had a button on the bottome of the alert that said
    > > Reset. All the while the Z72 is making a faint, very fast clicking
    > > sound. Tried the reset button, nothing. Tried the reset button in

    the
    > > back and the Z72 seemed to reset -- came up at the Date and Time
    > > window. When I tapped the "Home" icon, it went back to the Fatal

    Error
    > > alert.
    > >
    > > Did I kill my Z72? I've got the Z72 software on my home computer.
    > > Should I try to syc with that? I'm feeling pretty stupid here.
    > >

    > Try this: Press the "up" button while pressing Reset. If that

    doesn't
    > help, you may need to do a hard reset: hold the power button and

    press
    > reset. This will erase everything in the Palm's memory.

    Had to do the hard reset, but it's back to normal, minus all the
    contacts I'd put in. Oh well, I need the practice with Graffiti 2.

    Speaking of G2... After I reset the machine, I swear G2 got as erratic
    as it was when I first got the Z72. I wonder if G2 has some program
    that adjusts to your particular handwritting over time?

    robre

  3. Re: Did I kill my Zire 72?

    robre wrote:
    > Tried to hotsyc my Z72 with the company computer. Company computer

    has
    > the lasted version of hotsyc for my old m105 on it, but it takes one

    of
    > the IT guys to install new software on the company computer, and they
    > just haven't got it done yet. Thought I'd just try to hotsync the

    Z72,
    > thinking that all the desktop programs were the same. Wrong! I set

    up
    > a profile using the Z72's name and it did connect. I looked at the

    log
    > and it said all applications were "OK" except for photos. Then when

    > looked in the apps, there was nothing there. Saw that at least all

    the
    > catagories for photos were there so tried to open one.
    >
    > The Z72 came up with a Fatal Error. MemoryMgr.c,line:3632, Null
    > Handle. Then it had a button on the bottome of the alert that said
    > Reset. All the while the Z72 is making a faint, very fast clicking
    > sound. Tried the reset button, nothing. Tried the reset button in

    the
    > back and the Z72 seemed to reset -- came up at the Date and Time
    > window. When I tapped the "Home" icon, it went back to the Fatal

    Error
    > alert.
    >
    > Did I kill my Z72? I've got the Z72 software on my home computer.
    > Should I try to syc with that? I'm feeling pretty stupid here.
    >
    > robre

    Still trying to figure out what happened when I tried to hotsync my Z72
    to the Palm Desktop that was installed for my old m105. Went into the
    palm support website and it says clearly that you can hotsync more than
    one palm device (even if they are different models) to the same palm
    destop. By the way, I think the Palm DT is the latest version
    (hotsync.exe version 4.0.4). I did, by the way add the Z72's name to
    the user list. The old m105 connected to the desktop through a serial
    port and the Z72 connects through USB. Don't think that would make any
    difference. Especially since they did seem to connect. Scared to try
    it abain.

    robre

  4. Re: Did I kill my Zire 72?

    Did they both use the same version Palm OS? I bet they didn't that could be
    the problem ...........

+ Reply to Thread