Re: Zire 31 shows wrong Palm OS - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Re: Zire 31 shows wrong Palm OS - Palmtop ; I wasn't aware that the two versions *could* be swapped - Palm OS 5 uses ARM processor, and earlier versions use Motorola Dragonball CPU. You are correct, current PalmOne site says Palm OS 5 for that model. Is it a ...

  1. Re: Zire 31 shows wrong Palm OS

    I wasn't aware that the two versions *could* be swapped - Palm OS 5 uses ARM
    processor, and earlier versions use Motorola Dragonball CPU. You are
    correct, current PalmOne site says Palm OS 5 for that model. Is it a very
    early device?

    Mike.

    "Some liberal scum" wrote in message
    > When I go to info/version my Zire 31 says "Palm OSŪ software v. 3.1.1"
    >
    > According to all the specs the Zire 31 comes with Palm OS 5.
    >
    > I have never "cross-sync'd" to any other computer or device that might
    > cause this.
    >
    > Does anyone know what the problem is (if it is, indeed, a problem) and how
    > to fix it?

  2. Re: Zire 31 shows wrong Palm OS

    In article <422edd95$0$573$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net>,
    test@test.com says...
    > I wasn't aware that the two versions *could* be swapped - Palm OS 5 uses ARM
    > processor, and earlier versions use Motorola Dragonball CPU. You are
    > correct, current PalmOne site says Palm OS 5 for that model. Is it a very
    > early device?

    Can't be that early - the Zire 31 is only, what?, 6 months old. Even the
    original Zire didn't use PalmOS 3.

    --
    AG

    Remove removes from address to remove anti-spam measures.
    Alan Gauton E-Mail agauton @ postmaster.co.uk

    Never for me the lowered banner, never the last endeavour!
    (Damon Hill - 16th June 1999)

+ Reply to Thread