Tungsten T1/T2 (ORGINAL) Stylus - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Tungsten T1/T2 (ORGINAL) Stylus - Palmtop ; Hi folks, Anyone any idea where I may be able to purchase the Tungsten T1/T2 styli. That's the ORIGINAL (Palm) brand. PalmOne - No longer carry them Amazon (thought I struck lucky) but only found Belkin ones that are non ...

  1. Tungsten T1/T2 (ORGINAL) Stylus

    Hi folks,

    Anyone any idea where I may be able to purchase the Tungsten T1/T2 styli.
    That's the ORIGINAL (Palm) brand.

    PalmOne - No longer carry them
    Amazon (thought I struck lucky) but only found Belkin ones that are non
    metal/non extendable
    Expansys - no joy
    Plus a few others with similar results.
    Maybe someone knows a local store, or www that carries the original styli?

    Thanks in anticipation

  2. Re: Tungsten T1/T2 (ORGINAL) Stylus

    On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 01:34:39 -0000, Kevin I Chapple wrote:

    > Hi folks,
    >
    > Anyone any idea where I may be able to purchase the Tungsten T1/T2 styli.
    > That's the ORIGINAL (Palm) brand.
    >
    > PalmOne - No longer carry them
    > Amazon (thought I struck lucky) but only found Belkin ones that are non
    > metal/non extendable
    > Expansys - no joy
    > Plus a few others with similar results.
    > Maybe someone knows a local store, or www that carries the original styli?
    >
    > Thanks in anticipation

    I googled on "tungsten t stylus" and found this page:

    http://pcworld.pricegrabber.com/sear...asterid=634593

    TheNerds.Net apparently has 299 sets in stock.

    --
    Derek

    "The secret of being a bore is to tell everything." -- Voltaire,
    Discours en vers sur l'homme, 1737

  3. Re: Tungsten T1/T2 (ORGINAL) Stylus & t3?

    is the stylus for the tungsten t3 the same as the stylus for the t1 and t2?
    thanks

    "Kevin I Chapple" wrote in message
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > Anyone any idea where I may be able to purchase the Tungsten T1/T2 styli.
    > That's the ORIGINAL (Palm) brand.
    >
    > PalmOne - No longer carry them
    > Amazon (thought I struck lucky) but only found Belkin ones that are non
    > metal/non extendable
    > Expansys - no joy
    > Plus a few others with similar results.
    > Maybe someone knows a local store, or www that carries the original styli?
    >
    > Thanks in anticipation

  4. Re: Tungsten T1/T2 (ORGINAL) Stylus

    "Kevin I Chapple" schreef in bericht
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > Anyone any idea where I may be able to purchase the Tungsten T1/T2 styli.
    > That's the ORIGINAL (Palm) brand.
    >
    > PalmOne - No longer carry them
    > Amazon (thought I struck lucky) but only found Belkin ones that are non
    > metal/non extendable
    > Expansys - no joy
    > Plus a few others with similar results.
    > Maybe someone knows a local store, or www that carries the original styli?
    >
    > Thanks in anticipation

    Look at http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=113677

    Thatīs the Essential kit from PalmOne, with two original styli within.
    The styli are also compatible with the T3.

    Dick

  5. Re: Tungsten T1/T2 (ORGINAL) Stylus

    Kevin I Chapple wrote:
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > Anyone any idea where I may be able to purchase the Tungsten T1/T2

    styli.
    > That's the ORIGINAL (Palm) brand.
    >
    > PalmOne - No longer carry them

    It seems that PalmOne is not supporting their products as well as they
    could. I want styli for my Tungsten C but cannot get them.

  6. Re: Tungsten T1/T2 (ORGINAL) Stylus

    "Ivan Skivar" wrote:

    >It seems that PalmOne is not supporting their products as well as they
    >could. I want styli for my Tungsten C but cannot get them.

    Tried google? A quick search brought up about 30 sites. This one was on top:
    http://www.pricegrabber.com/user_sal...ode=googlegfr/

  7. Re: Tungsten T1/T2 (ORGINAL) Stylus

    Thanks, but they are NOT for the TT, nor ORIGINAL units.

    Thanks anyhow

    "AaronJ" wrote in message
    > "Ivan Skivar" wrote:
    >
    > >It seems that PalmOne is not supporting their products as well as they
    > >could. I want styli for my Tungsten C but cannot get them.

    > Tried google? A quick search brought up about 30 sites. This one was on

    top:

    http://www.pricegrabber.com/user_sal...18517/lot_id=7
    41541/mode=googlegfr/

  8. Re: Tungsten T1/T2 (ORGINAL) Stylus

    Again, NOT the ORIGINAL Palm styli.
    I actually ordered some from a dealer, through Amazon, which were posted
    (and pictured) as the ORIGINAL Palm styli (silver in color, telescopic) the
    items I received were Belkin, which are black non extendable items.
    Contacted the dealer, and their response was that they were the only type
    they now do.

    Certainly they "do the job" (the same as the end of a pen would do!), but
    they are not the originals, they are shorter, and they don't sit "securely"
    in the silo.

    Thanks anyway

    "bondi" wrote in message

    > "Kevin I Chapple" schreef in bericht
    > > Hi folks,
    > >
    > > Anyone any idea where I may be able to purchase the Tungsten T1/T2

    styli.
    > > That's the ORIGINAL (Palm) brand.
    > >
    > > PalmOne - No longer carry them
    > > Amazon (thought I struck lucky) but only found Belkin ones that are non
    > > metal/non extendable
    > > Expansys - no joy
    > > Plus a few others with similar results.
    > > Maybe someone knows a local store, or www that carries the original

    styli?

    > > Thanks in anticipation
    > >

    > Look at http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=113677
    >
    > Thatīs the Essential kit from PalmOne, with two original styli within.
    > The styli are also compatible with the T3.
    >
    > Dick

  9. Re: Tungsten T1/T2 (ORGINAL) Stylus

    Dead link :0(

    Thanks anyhow

    "Derek" wrote in message news:1f9q7hixpwooe.dlg@gwinn.us...
    > On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 01:34:39 -0000, Kevin I Chapple wrote:
    >
    > > Hi folks,
    > >
    > > Anyone any idea where I may be able to purchase the Tungsten T1/T2

    styli.
    > > That's the ORIGINAL (Palm) brand.
    > >
    > > PalmOne - No longer carry them
    > > Amazon (thought I struck lucky) but only found Belkin ones that are non
    > > metal/non extendable
    > > Expansys - no joy
    > > Plus a few others with similar results.
    > > Maybe someone knows a local store, or www that carries the original

    styli?

    > > Thanks in anticipation

    > I googled on "tungsten t stylus" and found this page:
    >
    > http://pcworld.pricegrabber.com/sear...asterid=634593
    >
    > TheNerds.Net apparently has 299 sets in stock.
    >
    > --
    > Derek
    >
    > "The secret of being a bore is to tell everything." -- Voltaire,
    > Discours en vers sur l'homme, 1737

  10. Re: Tungsten T1/T2 (ORGINAL) Stylus

    Not the original?

    I am definitive sure, that the kit which Expansys sells, is the orginal
    PalmOne essential kit.
    I ordered two of them last month, and the styli are silver in color,
    telescopic. Exactly like the one which is delivered with my T and T2.
    It is all fit in the orginal plastic Palm package.

    good luck with searching

    Dick

    > Again, NOT the ORIGINAL Palm styli.
    > I actually ordered some from a dealer, through Amazon, which were posted
    > (and pictured) as the ORIGINAL Palm styli (silver in color, telescopic)

    the
    > items I received were Belkin, which are black non extendable items.
    > Contacted the dealer, and their response was that they were the only type
    > they now do.
    >
    > Certainly they "do the job" (the same as the end of a pen would do!), but
    > they are not the originals, they are shorter, and they don't sit

    "securely"
    > in the silo.
    >
    > Thanks anyway
    >

    > "bondi" wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Kevin I Chapple" schreef in bericht
    > > > Hi folks,
    > > >
    > > > Anyone any idea where I may be able to purchase the Tungsten T1/T2

    > styli.
    > > > That's the ORIGINAL (Palm) brand.
    > > >
    > > > PalmOne - No longer carry them
    > > > Amazon (thought I struck lucky) but only found Belkin ones that are

    non
    > > > metal/non extendable
    > > > Expansys - no joy
    > > > Plus a few others with similar results.
    > > > Maybe someone knows a local store, or www that carries the original

    > styli?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks in anticipation
    > > >

    > > Look at http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=113677
    > >
    > > Thatīs the Essential kit from PalmOne, with two original styli within.
    > > The styli are also compatible with the T3.
    > >
    > > Dick

  11. Re: Tungsten T1/T2 (ORGINAL) Stylus

    > Thanks, but they are NOT for the TT, nor ORIGINAL units.
    >
    > Thanks anyhow
    >

    > "AaronJ" wrote in message
    > > "Ivan Skivar" wrote:
    > >
    > > >It seems that PalmOne is not supporting their products as well as they
    > > >could. I want styli for my Tungsten C but cannot get them.

    > > Tried google? A quick search brought up about 30 sites. This one was on

    > top:

    http://www.pricegrabber.com/user_sal...18517/lot_id=7
    > 41541/mode=googlegfr/

    Hi
    I picked up a pack of 3 in PC World a couple of months ago. It might be
    worth a visit to the highstreet, PC World Dixons etc as they may have some.

    Martin

  12. Re: Tungsten T1/T2 (ORGINAL) Stylus

    In message , Martin Megson
    writes

    >"Kevin I Chapple" wrote in message
    >> Thanks, but they are NOT for the TT, nor ORIGINAL units.
    >>
    >> Thanks anyhow
    >>

    >> "AaronJ" wrote in message

    >> > Tried google? A quick search brought up about 30 sites. This one was on

    >> top:
    >> >

    >http://www.pricegrabber.com/user_sal...18517/lot_id=7
    >> 41541/mode=googlegfr/
    >> >

    >Hi
    >I picked up a pack of 3 in PC World a couple of months ago. It might be
    >worth a visit to the highstreet, PC World Dixons etc as they may have some.
    >
    >Martin

    John Lewis and Rymans often have odd bits of palm original stock, styli,
    cases, screen protectors, leads etc. Its a bit hit and miss but maybe
    worth dropping in. JL in Cambridge (aka Rober Sayle) even have staff
    who are knowledgeable and helpful.

    The John Lewis website (johnlewis.com) - go via computing, computers,
    then accessories under 'handhelds' - has styli but not sure if its what
    you want. They look shiny enough.

    --
    Richard C

  13. Re: Tungsten T1/T2 (ORGINAL) Stylus

    Thanks for your feedback, Martin.

    I have already tried 4 x PC Worlds, and their on-line web, and call centre.
    None have them any longer. I THOUGHT I saw some in a local Staples store a
    few weeks ago. Called them, but they now only have the Belkin. Tried a
    couple more Staples stores, with the same results.
    Dixons also returned the same results, so too Curry's and Comet.
    :-(
    Thanks for your feedback though

    "Martin Megson" wrote in message

    > "Kevin I Chapple" wrote in message
    > > Thanks, but they are NOT for the TT, nor ORIGINAL units.
    > >
    > > Thanks anyhow
    > >

    > > "AaronJ" wrote in message

    they

    > > > Tried google? A quick search brought up about 30 sites. This one was

    on
    > > top:

    http://www.pricegrabber.com/user_sal...18517/lot_id=7
    > > 41541/mode=googlegfr/
    > > >

    > Hi
    > I picked up a pack of 3 in PC World a couple of months ago. It might be
    > worth a visit to the highstreet, PC World Dixons etc as they may have

    some.

    > Martin

  14. Re: Tungsten T1/T2 (ORGINAL) Stylus

    :-)

    "They look shiny enough!"

    (Cheeky bugger!). It's not the "shiny-ness" I'm after, just the original
    styli.

    I'll try John Lewis site.

    Thanks

    7
    > >> 41541/mode=googlegfr/
    > >> >

    > >Hi
    > >I picked up a pack of 3 in PC World a couple of months ago. It might be
    > >worth a visit to the highstreet, PC World Dixons etc as they may have

    some.

    > >Martin
    > >

    > John Lewis and Rymans often have odd bits of palm original stock, styli,
    > cases, screen protectors, leads etc. Its a bit hit and miss but maybe
    > worth dropping in. JL in Cambridge (aka Rober Sayle) even have staff
    > who are knowledgeable and helpful.
    >
    > The John Lewis website (johnlewis.com) - go via computing, computers,
    > then accessories under 'handhelds' - has styli but not sure if its what
    > you want. They look shiny enough.
    >
    > --
    > Richard C

  15. Re: Tungsten T1/T2 (ORGINAL) Stylus

    "Bingo"!

    They "seem" to be what I am after. The pack contains four items, of which
    ONE of those is the Original TT/T2 stylus.

    Thanks for that matey, never thought to give them a look.

    Cheers Richard

    "RCC" wrote in message
    > In message , Martin Megson
    > writes
    > >
    > >"Kevin I Chapple" wrote in message
    > >> Thanks, but they are NOT for the TT, nor ORIGINAL units.
    > >>
    > >> Thanks anyhow
    > >>

    > >> "AaronJ" wrote in message

    they

    on
    > >> top:
    > >> >

    >http://www.pricegrabber.com/user_sal...518517/lot_id=

    7
    > >> 41541/mode=googlegfr/
    > >> >

    > >Hi
    > >I picked up a pack of 3 in PC World a couple of months ago. It might be
    > >worth a visit to the highstreet, PC World Dixons etc as they may have

    some.

    > >Martin
    > >

    > John Lewis and Rymans often have odd bits of palm original stock, styli,
    > cases, screen protectors, leads etc. Its a bit hit and miss but maybe
    > worth dropping in. JL in Cambridge (aka Rober Sayle) even have staff
    > who are knowledgeable and helpful.
    >
    > The John Lewis website (johnlewis.com) - go via computing, computers,
    > then accessories under 'handhelds' - has styli but not sure if its what
    > you want. They look shiny enough.
    >
    > --
    > Richard C

  16. Re: Tungsten T1/T2 (ORGINAL) Stylus

    On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 01:34:54 -0000, Kevin I Chapple wrote:

    > Dead link :0(
    >
    > Thanks anyhow

    Which link? The link for pcworld.pricegrabber.com works from here,
    although I notice that the link to "theNerds.net" is now gone.

    --
    Derek

    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have
    others." -- Groucho Marx

+ Reply to Thread