PRC viewer sought - Palmtop

This is a discussion on PRC viewer sought - Palmtop ; What do I need to view a PRC file? (It's a copy of the US Constiturion I got from www.Gutenberg.org ) Where can I get it? Since my Newgroup access is quite limited, I'd especially appreciate a copy of your ...

  1. PRC viewer sought

    What do I need to view a PRC file? (It's a copy of the US Constiturion I got
    from www.Gutenberg.org)

    Where can I get it?

    Since my Newgroup access is quite limited, I'd especially appreciate a copy
    of your reply to Barnes@alumni.Amherst.edu

    Thanks.
    Alexander

  2. Re: PRC viewer sought

    IDA Pro can disassemble for a great deal of processors and understands
    various executable headers, prc headers and z80 processor just happen to be
    one of them, ida is what i use to disassemble my prc files. i'm assuming
    that's what you want to do. though re-reading the post i think you actually
    just want to run it, in which case you need to use hot sync to copy the
    program to your palm and then run it from there. read the palm desktop
    manual.

    "AeB" wrote in message
    news:V19Xd.5208$CW2.226@newsread3.news.atl.earthli nk.net...
    > What do I need to view a PRC file? (It's a copy of the US Constiturion I

    got
    > from www.Gutenberg.org)
    >
    > Where can I get it?
    >
    > Since my Newgroup access is quite limited, I'd especially appreciate a

    copy
    > of your reply to Barnes@alumni.Amherst.edu
    >
    > Thanks.
    > Alexander

  3. Re: PRC viewer sought

    Thanks for your reply.

    I can't figure out how to execute it. The only place the existence of the
    file can be seen is in system info. Tapping it there does nothing.

    I'm actually using a Sonly Clie SJ-22. The manual that came with it is
    basicly limited to describing how to turn the unit on.

    Thanks again.

    Alexander

    "Cronus" wrote in message
    > IDA Pro can disassemble for a great deal of processors and understands
    > various executable headers, prc headers and z80 processor just happen to
    > be
    > one of them, ida is what i use to disassemble my prc files. i'm assuming
    > that's what you want to do. though re-reading the post i think you
    > actually
    > just want to run it, in which case you need to use hot sync to copy the
    > program to your palm and then run it from there. read the palm desktop
    > manual.
    >
    > "AeB" wrote in message
    > news:V19Xd.5208$CW2.226@newsread3.news.atl.earthli nk.net...
    >> What do I need to view a PRC file? (It's a copy of the US Constiturion I

    > got
    >> from www.Gutenberg.org)
    >>
    >> Where can I get it?
    >>
    >> Since my Newgroup access is quite limited, I'd especially appreciate a

    > copy
    >> of your reply to Barnes@alumni.Amherst.edu
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >> Alexander