Cable Hacking Of Sony Clie?!?! - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Cable Hacking Of Sony Clie?!?! - Palmtop ; Does anyone know of any site, links or documentation for RS232 serial cables for the Clie? I like to be able to make my own but need a source of connectors ... so a hack of some off-the-shelf cable would ...

  1. Cable Hacking Of Sony Clie?!?!

    Does anyone know of any site, links or documentation for RS232 serial
    cables for the Clie? I like to be able to make my own but need a
    source of connectors ... so a hack of some off-the-shelf cable would
    be an asset.

    I'm not exactly sure what I need for a cable BUT I want to be able to
    use my Clie as a field service terminal to give me access to the
    service/debug port of a variety of equipment and to verify peripherals
    such as cables and modems. Also I want to be able to connect to my
    old Garmin GPS and my ham radios. My best guess would be the
    proprietary_connector-to-DB9 but where to start.

    Any links, tips or etc would be appreciated.

    I am particularly looking for something similar to the Garmin Purple
    Project at http://pfranc.com/.

    Thanks in advance.
    http://www3.sympatico.ca/dmitton
    SPAM Reduction: Remove "x." from my domain.

  2. Re: Cable Hacking Of Sony Clie?!?!

    Try www.pspilot.de/index.html
    or www.pcables.com/prod3.html
    I hacked a cable from iConcepts for my SL10
    good luck
    Klaus Ernst
    newsvvj2190n5t0d1lrh3fm2khms24jnvfvbv@4ax.com...