Palm and Infra red connections - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Palm and Infra red connections - Palmtop ; At work I've got an IBM T42 Think Pad. When my Palm Z72 is in front of the laptop, the laptop senses there is a computer close by and even knows its name. I haven't set up any connections for ...

  1. Palm and Infra red connections

    At work I've got an IBM T42 Think Pad. When my Palm Z72 is in front of
    the laptop, the laptop senses there is a computer close by and even
    knows its name. I haven't set up any connections for either the palm
    or the laptop. And, by the way, Bluetooth is turned *off* on the
    handheld. The laptop actually makes a connection to the Palm and will
    allow me to transfer files from the laptop to the Palm, and the Palm
    recieves them -- again, Bluetooth turned off.

    If I turn Bluetooth on and try to add a trusted device -- the laptop --
    the Palm does not show any nearby devices. Even while it is connected
    through the laptop's infra red.

    What's going on here? I think it's pretty cool that I can transfer
    files from the laptop to the Palm in this way, but I'd like to transfer
    files from the Palm to the laptop, too. Any suggestions?

    robre

  2. Re: Palm and Infra red connections

    OK, I figured it out. The the two computers and using "Documents to
    Go." I was able to transfer a file from the Palm to the laptop --
    although I can't find it yet.

    robre

+ Reply to Thread