sync palm with Thunderbird - Palmtop

This is a discussion on sync palm with Thunderbird - Palmtop ; I'd like to switch to tbird but I have to be able to sync. I've installed the palmsync.xpi extension, I've tried checking the registry values as posted in various places. Can't get it to sync. An entry for Mozilla Address ...

  1. sync palm with Thunderbird

    I'd like to switch to tbird but I have to be able to sync. I've
    installed the palmsync.xpi extension,
    I've tried checking the registry values as posted in various places.
    Can't get it to sync.

    An entry for Mozilla Address Book replaced the palm ab line in
    HotSync/Custom and it's set to synchronize. When I hotsync the HotSync
    dialog even says it's syncing Mozilla AB. But it doesn't. Interestingly
    the Hot Sync Log does *not* say anything about address book;

    HotSync operation started 03/01/05 17:51:15
    OK Date Book
    OK To Do List
    OK Memo Pad
    -- Backing up db NetworkDB to file C:\Program
    Files\Palm\7135K\Backup\NetworkDB.PDB
    -- Backing up db Saved Preferences to file C:\Program
    Files\Palm\7135K\Backup\Saved_Preferences.PRC
    OK System
    HotSync operation complete 03/01/05 17:51:18

    It would be nice if one of the developers would post a how to somewhere
    to get this thing to work.

    Running Tbird 1.0 and the latest Palm Desktop.

    Any clues appreciated. Thanks.

  2. Re: sync palm with Thunderbird

    On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 11:43:48 -0600, Mike Makuch wrote:

    > I'd like to switch to tbird but I have to be able to sync. I've
    > installed the palmsync.xpi extension,
    > I've tried checking the registry values as posted in various places.
    > Can't get it to sync.

    The only way I was able to get it to sync was to:

    1. Uninstall Palm Desktop and Thunderbird.
    2. Reinstall Palm Desktop
    3. Reinstall Thunderbird
    4. Install Palmsync extension
    5. Install Contacts Sidebar extension

    It now works on my laptop. But the same process on my desktop achieved
    nothing. Both machines are running Windows XP SP2.

    It's frustrating, and if they really want to make "Lightening" a
    viable Outlook alternative, they're going to have to fix this.

    --
    Derek

    "I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

+ Reply to Thread