autorun an application from Compact Flash Card - Palmtop

This is a discussion on autorun an application from Compact Flash Card - Palmtop ; Hi, Is there a way to autorun an application on inserting a compact flash card into the computer(running either windows XP or windows 2000).I have an exe file called test.exe(created in vb6) on the compact flash card that has to ...

  1. autorun an application from Compact Flash Card

    Hi,

    Is there a way to autorun an application on inserting a compact flash
    card into the computer(running either windows XP or windows 2000).I
    have an exe file called test.exe(created in vb6) on the compact flash
    card that has to be run every time when the flash card is inserted.

    i tried creating a file called autorun.inf with the following contents
    [autorun]
    open=test.exe
    icon=test.exe,1

    That didn't work..So I tried renaming test.exe to autorun.exe in the
    root drive of the compact flash drive and inserting the compact flash
    drive to a computer/tablet pc.That wasn't successful either..

    I read somewhere that for PocketPC(but I am not trying the autorun on a
    Pocket PC but on tablet pc's) we have to create a folder named after
    the cpu name of that particular machine in the root folder of the Flash
    drive and then insert the flash drive for the autorun
    program(autorun.exe) to execute..Will the same thing work for ordinary
    laptops and tablet pc's(fujitsu 3500, stylistic)..If so how do I
    determine the cpuname?

    Any help will be really really appreciated..

    Thanks,
    Ann

  2. Re: autorun an application from Compact Flash Card

    On 1 Mar 2005 15:32:38 -0800, wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there a way to autorun an application on inserting a compact flash
    > card into the computer(running either windows XP or windows 2000).I
    > have an exe file called test.exe(created in vb6) on the compact flash
    > card that has to be run every time when the flash card is inserted.
    > (...)
    > Any help will be really really appreciated.

    In this newsgroup (pt.*) please use the portuguese language.

    Autorun is a software issue. In windows autorun is only for CDROM/DVDROM.
    If you want autorun to work with other mediums you have to had thta
    functionality to windows.

    Best regards,
    Pedro Miguel Carvalho

+ Reply to Thread