Palm Desktop - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Palm Desktop - Palmtop ; Anybody know if you can install Palm Desktop on two computers? Home and work. I have a Zire 72. Thanks, robre...

  1. Palm Desktop

    Anybody know if you can install Palm Desktop on two computers? Home
    and work. I have a Zire 72.

    Thanks,

    robre

  2. Re: Palm Desktop

    Absolutely yes.

    "robre" wrote in message
    news:1109715436.433016.302090@l41g2000cwc.googlegr oups.com...
    > Anybody know if you can install Palm Desktop on two computers? Home
    > and work. I have a Zire 72.
    >

    > Thanks,
    >
    > robre

  3. Re: Palm Desktop

    robre wrote:
    > Anybody know if you can install Palm Desktop on two computers? Home
    > and work. I have a Zire 72.
    >

    > Thanks,
    >
    > robre

    Yes, you can do that. Yes, you can hotsync one device with both
    computers. I do that all the time. I have my T3 doing a hotsync with my
    home PC and with my work laptop. I have not encountered any serious
    problems, although I have received the occasional hotsync failure (could
    not read the memory card). A second hotsync works just fine after this,
    though.

    Cheers,
    Canadian Cowboy.

  4. Re: Palm Desktop

    Canadian Cowboy wrote:

    > robre wrote:
    >
    >> Anybody know if you can install Palm Desktop on two computers? Home
    >> and work. I have a Zire 72.
    >>

    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> robre
    >>

    > Yes, you can do that. Yes, you can hotsync one device with both
    > computers. I do that all the time. I have my T3 doing a hotsync with my
    > home PC and with my work laptop. I have not encountered any serious
    > problems, although I have received the occasional hotsync failure (could
    > not read the memory card). A second hotsync works just fine after this,
    > though.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Canadian Cowboy.

    Maybe robre was asking about the legal issue.

    --
    /"\
    \ / ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - AGAINST HTML MAIL

    Manolis Christodoulou MD.
    http://users.forthnet.gr/pel/mchris
    http://drmchris.blogspot.com

    mailto:mchris@pel.forthnet.gr
    Skype VOIP Phone: mchris21

  5. Re: Palm Desktop

    Hello robre

    Paul from palmOne here. As the previous posters have said, you ca
    install the Desktop on two computers. You can read more of th
    specifics in the palmOne Knowledge Library article "Synchronize wit
    multiple handhelds or with multiple desktop computers" here
    http://www.palmone.com/cgi-bin/cso_kbURL.cgi?ID=2945

    Bes

    Pau

    --
    paul novotn
    brought to you by http://www.wifi-forum.com

  6. Re: Palm Desktop

    Manolis Christodoulou wrote in

    > Maybe robre was asking about the legal issue.

    What legal issue? PalmOne makes the desktop available for free. I've
    installed it on several computers.

    --
    Regards,

    Stan

    safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." B. Franklin

  7. Re: Palm Desktop

    Thanks for the info.

    robre

  8. Re: Palm Desktop

    On Tue, 1 Mar 2005, it was written:

    > although I have
    > received the occasional hotsync failure (could not read the memory card).

    I did not experience something like that with my devices (m500 & visor
    edge under w2k irda at work and os x usb at home) but the reason I am
    writing this
    is that I strongly recomend not to synch to a disk at work which is not
    your own.
    I used to synch to a memory stick at work and I use my palm's sd-card
    now.
    regards
    arnd

    --Please send your answer to
    --arnd at the host named monochrome which has a com-Domain.

+ Reply to Thread