Any VGA PDA's w/phone? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Any VGA PDA's w/phone? - Palmtop ; Just finished browsing reviews of Asus, Dell, & HP's VGA/Pocket PC offerings and my Sony Clie is starting to look old.... But I've been holding out for an integrated phone/PDA that didn't compromise the PDA functionality. Anybody know if there's ...

  1. Any VGA PDA's w/phone?

    Just finished browsing reviews of Asus, Dell, & HP's VGA/Pocket PC offerings and
    my Sony Clie is starting to look old....

    But I've been holding out for an integrated phone/PDA that didn't compromise the
    PDA functionality.

    Anybody know if there's a VGA PDA/Phone on the market yet?
    --
    PeteCresswell

  2. Re: Any VGA PDA's w/phone?

    Per (Pete Cresswell):
    >Anybody know if there's a VGA PDA/Phone on the market yet?

    I've read about tMobile's Euro offering
    (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/inde...n=expand,37238)

    But it sounds like it needs something called UMTS (whatever that is....) which
    is not available in their US infrastructure.
    --
    PeteCresswell

  3. Re: Any VGA PDA's w/phone?

    UMTS is availble on the Cingular (old AT&T) network in select cities. I
    know Seattle is one, I can't remember the rest.

    Have you looked at the Treo 650?

    WEB

    "(Pete Cresswell)" wrote in message
    > Per (Pete Cresswell):
    >>Anybody know if there's a VGA PDA/Phone on the market yet?

    > I've read about tMobile's Euro offering
    > (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/inde...n=expand,37238)
    >
    > But it sounds like it needs something called UMTS (whatever that is....)
    > which
    > is not available in their US infrastructure.
    > --
    > PeteCresswell

  4. Re: Any VGA PDA's w/phone?

    Per Web:

    >Have you looked at the Treo 650?

    Yes, and it's getting close to what I'd consider....if I lost my PDA today and
    resolved my family plan issue, I might buy one tomorrow.
    --
    PeteCresswell

  5. Re: Any VGA PDA's w/phone?

    (Pete Cresswell) napsal(a):
    > Per (Pete Cresswell):
    >
    >>Anybody know if there's a VGA PDA/Phone on the market yet?

    > I've read about tMobile's Euro offering
    > (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/inde...n=expand,37238)
    >
    > But it sounds like it needs something called UMTS (whatever that is....) which
    > is not available in their US infrastructure.

    UMTS is a 3G network.
    Mark

    --
    The last easy day was yesterday.