Zire 72 Stylus Falls Out - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Zire 72 Stylus Falls Out - Palmtop ; Anyone having problems with the Zire 72s stylus falling out? I tried a metal replacement, but that is even worse....

  1. Zire 72 Stylus Falls Out

    Anyone having problems with the Zire 72s stylus falling out? I tried a metal
    replacement, but that is even worse.

  2. Re: Zire 72 Stylus Falls Out

    On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:16:48 -0500, someone posing as Alan donned fireproof
    bloomers and chiseled in the wall:

    > Anyone having problems with the Zire 72s stylus falling out? I tried a metal
    > replacement, but that is even worse.

    Falling out of....what?

    (I really wasn't sure I should ask...)

    --
    kai - theperfectreign@yahoo.com - www.perfectreign.com

    kai:/> format a:
    Error: The DOS concept of formatting disk media is screwed.
    To format a floppy, use "fdformat /dev/fd0"
    and then "mkfs.minix /dev/fd0".

  3. Re: Zire 72 Stylus Falls Out

    Falling out of its silo.

    "Perfect Reign" wrote in message
    > On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:16:48 -0500, someone posing as Alan donned

    fireproof
    > bloomers and chiseled in the wall:
    >
    > > Anyone having problems with the Zire 72s stylus falling out? I tried a

    metal
    > > replacement, but that is even worse.

    > Falling out of....what?
    >
    > (I really wasn't sure I should ask...)
    >

    > --
    > kai - theperfectreign@yahoo.com - www.perfectreign.com
    >
    > kai:/> format a:
    > Error: The DOS concept of formatting disk media is screwed.
    > To format a floppy, use "fdformat /dev/fd0"
    > and then "mkfs.minix /dev/fd0".

  4. Re: Zire 72 Stylus Falls Out

    "Alan" wrote in message
    > Anyone having problems with the Zire 72s stylus falling out? I tried a

    metal
    > replacement, but that is even worse.

    Was it like this when you purchased it? Have you ever opened up your palm?
    Maybe the case is loose?

    I've had my Z72 since they were first released (falling off paint and all)
    and haven't encountered anything like you describe...

    -jhon

  5. Re: Zire 72 Stylus Falls Out

    "John Ryan" wrote in
    message news:P9LUd.7976$OU1.5782@newssvr21.news.prodigy.co m...
    > "Alan" wrote in message
    > > Anyone having problems with the Zire 72s stylus falling out? I tried a

    > metal
    > > replacement, but that is even worse.

    > Was it like this when you purchased it? Have you ever opened up your

    palm?
    > Maybe the case is loose?
    >
    > I've had my Z72 since they were first released (falling off paint and all)
    > and haven't encountered anything like you describe...
    >
    > -jhon

    I just got it last week. Was like that out of the box. I think the little
    bump that is supposed to hold the stylus isn't big enough. Palm says return
    it to the store, as I am still within the window. BTW, this is the "s"
    version- no blue paint

  6. Re: Zire 72 Stylus Falls Out

    Alan wrote:

    > Anyone having problems with the Zire 72s stylus falling out? I tried a metal
    > replacement, but that is even worse.

    Alan,

    My wife has had her Zire 72 for 8 months, and the stylus fits normally...nuce
    and snug.

    Scott

  7. Re: Zire 72 Stylus Falls Out

    "Alan" wrote in message
    > I just got it last week. Was like that out of the box. I think the little
    > bump that is supposed to hold the stylus isn't big enough. Palm says

    return
    > it to the store, as I am still within the window. BTW, this is the "s"
    > version- no blue paint

    Sounds like good advice to me. It SHOULD fit snug -- with a little 'pop' or
    'click' when you push it in. Not a "sound" per se, but a "feel"... See
    if the store will let you check out a model before you take it home to make
    sure it doesn't suffer the same problem.

    -jhon

  8. Re: Zire 72 Stylus Falls Out

    "John Ryan" wrote in
    message news:HaNUd.8008$OU1.7749@newssvr21.news.prodigy.co m...
    > "Alan" wrote in message
    > > I just got it last week. Was like that out of the box. I think the

    little
    > > bump that is supposed to hold the stylus isn't big enough. Palm says

    > return
    > > it to the store, as I am still within the window. BTW, this is the "s"
    > > version- no blue paint

    > Sounds like good advice to me. It SHOULD fit snug -- with a little 'pop'

    or
    > 'click' when you push it in. Not a "sound" per se, but a "feel"... See
    > if the store will let you check out a model before you take it home to

    make
    > sure it doesn't suffer the same problem.
    >
    > -jhon

    John and Scott,

    Thanks. Sounds like it should work the same way my T|E did (snug fit, no
    click, but you can feel it). Guess I'll be heading over to Best Buy in a few
    days.

  9. Re: Zire 72 Stylus Falls Out

    In article <42239BA7.AFB0856B@uslink.net>, Scott wrote:
    > Alan wrote:
    >>
    >> Anyone having problems with the Zire 72s stylus falling out? I tried a metal
    >> replacement, but that is even worse.

    > My wife has had her Zire 72 for 8 months, and the stylus fits normally...nuce
    > and snug.

    It does sound like a manufacturing glitch. On the other hand, when things
    wear down after a while, a small dot of dried super glue in the groove for
    the stylus can hold it in place nicely.

    --
    Sincerely,

    Ray Ingles (313) 227-2317

    Does anyone really believe that terrorists can actually threaten
    our survival as a nation? Killing large numbers of people is not
    the same as threatening the entire country. It doesn't make sense
    to restructure our entire legal system, giving up rights and
    freedoms that people fought and died for, all to cut the odds
    from 0.005% to 0.003% (and that's generous)." - Me

  10. Re: Zire 72 Stylus Falls Out

    Alan wrote:
    > Anyone having problems with the Zire 72s stylus falling out? I tried a metal
    > replacement, but that is even worse.

    Put a layer of scotch tape around the stylus making it snugger.

  11. Re: Zire 72 Stylus Falls Out

    "Himm" wrote in message
    > Alan wrote:
    > > Anyone having problems with the Zire 72s stylus falling out? I tried a

    metal
    > > replacement, but that is even worse.
    > >

    > Put a layer of scotch tape around the stylus making it snugger.

    I replaced the unit, and the new one is the same. The plastic stylus barely
    stays in, and the "official" metal replacement ones fall right out. I have
    the unit in a Palm soft side-flip case, and the elastic that holds the Palm
    in the case provides enough grip to hold the stylus as well. I may use the
    tape or superglue solution as well. It is really a stupid, unneccesary
    problem.

  12. Re: Zire 72 Stylus Falls Out

    Alan wrote:
    > "Himm" wrote in message
    >
    >>Alan wrote:
    >>
    >>>Anyone having problems with the Zire 72s stylus falling out? I tried a

    > metal
    >
    >>>replacement, but that is even worse.
    >>>

    >>Put a layer of scotch tape around the stylus making it snugger.
    >>

    > I replaced the unit, and the new one is the same. The plastic stylus barely
    > stays in, and the "official" metal replacement ones fall right out. I have
    > the unit in a Palm soft side-flip case, and the elastic that holds the Palm
    > in the case provides enough grip to hold the stylus as well. I may use the
    > tape or superglue solution as well. It is really a stupid, unneccesary
    > problem.

    Do what I did, updrade to the T5.

+ Reply to Thread