Re: Unbiased comparison of PPC and Palm as an OS? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Re: Unbiased comparison of PPC and Palm as an OS? - Palmtop ; Tony Clark napsal(a): >>more feature ActiveSync has and I miss in HotSync. With Palm, I simply >>have no way of initiating the sync from the desktop. And with USB cable >>without a hotsync button, it's pain-in-the-a** to navigate to the ...

  1. Re: Unbiased comparison of PPC and Palm as an OS?

    Tony Clark napsal(a):

    >>more feature ActiveSync has and I miss in HotSync. With Palm, I simply
    >>have no way of initiating the sync from the desktop. And with USB cable
    >>without a hotsync button, it's pain-in-the-a** to navigate to the
    >>HotSync app and start a sync.

    > You could map Hotsync to a button on the handheld.

    Not a solution for me. Some of the apps I use make use of all buttons,
    so I'd have to remap the button every time I take it off the cradle.
    Mark
    --
    The last easy day was yesterday.

  2. Re: Unbiased comparison of PPC and Palm as an OS?

    "Marek Staněk" wrote in message
    > Tony Clark napsal(a):
    >
    >>>more feature ActiveSync has and I miss in HotSync. With Palm, I simply
    >>>have no way of initiating the sync from the desktop. And with USB cable
    >>>without a hotsync button, it's pain-in-the-a** to navigate to the
    >>>HotSync app and start a sync.

    >> You could map Hotsync to a button on the handheld.

    > Not a solution for me. Some of the apps I use make use of all buttons, so
    > I'd have to remap the button every time I take it off the cradle.
    > Mark
    > --

    How about mapping one of the icons in the virtual grafitti area?

    Cheers
    TC

  3. Re: Unbiased comparison of PPC and Palm as an OS?

    Tony Clark napsal(a):
    > "Marek Staněk" wrote in message

    >>>You could map Hotsync to a button on the handheld.

    >>Not a solution for me. Some of the apps I use make use of all buttons, so
    >>I'd have to remap the button every time I take it off the cradle.
    >>Mark
    >>--

    > How about mapping one of the icons in the virtual grafitti area?

    Point awarded.
    As I'm thinking of it right now, I don't use the calculator that often.
    Old habits from m515 die hard :-)
    Thnx for suggestion.
    Mark

    --