Re: Unbiased comparison of PPC and Palm as an OS? - Palmtop

This is a discussion on Re: Unbiased comparison of PPC and Palm as an OS? - Palmtop ; Tony Clark napsal(a): > I think you're experiences with Palm are the exception not the rule. I have > had a T3 for about 17 months now. I do occasionally have to hit the reset > button due to program ...

  1. Re: Unbiased comparison of PPC and Palm as an OS?

    Tony Clark napsal(a):

    > I think you're experiences with Palm are the exception not the rule. I have
    > had a T3 for about 17 months now. I do occasionally have to hit the reset
    > button due to program failures but nowhere near 6 times a day, not even 6
    > times a month! Hotsynch has worked flawlessly from day 1. I don't use all
    > the applications you use so you might consider removing applications one at
    > a time to see if perhaps you have a bad one. The apps I use besides the

    I have this scheduled for the second week of March. Just too much work
    right now. But even finding the faulty app won't help me much, as I use
    all of them often and I'd have to find a replacement.

    > built-in ones are Palm Reader, D2G, Street Atlas Handheld 2005, Versamail
    > (w/Bluetooth phone), BTtoggle, and a couple of games. It's usually the games
    > that crash the Palm more than anything and in one case I know that it's poor
    > programming by the game developer.

    Interestingly, none of the games I have installed is causing that :-)
    They event weren't on the device until last Thursday. If it's
    app-related, it's some of the apps, and AFAIK none of them is native to
    OS5; they're all OS4.x. I'm afraid that's the root cause and even
    thinking of having to find replacements makes me feel sick.

    Mark
    --
    The last easy day was yesterday.

  2. Re: Unbiased comparison of PPC and Palm as an OS?

    "Marek Staněk" wrote in message
    SNIP

    > Interestingly, none of the games I have installed is causing that :-) They
    > event weren't on the device until last Thursday. If it's app-related, it's
    > some of the apps, and AFAIK none of them is native to OS5; they're all
    > OS4.x. I'm afraid that's the root cause and even thinking of having to
    > find replacements makes me feel sick.

    The game that I have the issue with is Legacy, a first person RPG style
    game. The main issue is if the T3 is not fully extended when you start up
    the game the bottom half of the screen stays dark and you cannot get to the
    menu selections to abort the game. Once you have the T3 open it seems to
    play just fine, it's just that I always seem to start the game from the
    closed position causing me to have to reboot the T3 to recover.

    TC

+ Reply to Thread