Does eCS 1.2R SMP work on any current servers? - OS2

This is a discussion on Does eCS 1.2R SMP work on any current servers? - OS2 ; I know that many more systems will be supported with eCS 2.0, but I was wondering if any current servers work with the current eCS 1.2R release. As I am looking for one with SCSI RAID if the motherboard includes ...

  1. Does eCS 1.2R SMP work on any current servers?

    I know that many more systems will be supported with eCS 2.0, but I was
    wondering if any current servers work with the current eCS 1.2R release.
    As I am looking for one with SCSI RAID if the motherboard includes such a
    function that supports RAID 5 equivalent or better it would be even
    better. If not I guess I would want to use an IBM ServeRAID-6M controller
    unless someone is aware of a more recent RAID adapter that is supported by
    eCS 1.2R SMP.

    I have not found a comprehensive list of such equipment, so I would
    appreciate such a pointer. I have taken a bit of a stab at the list of
    hardware at http://en.ecomstation.ru/hardware.php, but unless I am missing
    a way to narrow down the list to those of interest this is a tedious task
    that I gave up on after a few pages. Of course I would be quite happy to
    be corrected in this matter if there is such a way available.

    I have tried out eCS 2.0 RC2 on a few systems, but I would need to be a
    bit more conservative with this server. So unless eCS 2.0 is just around
    the corner I will need to depend upon eCS 1.2R for the server.

    Thanks in advance for any assistance in this matter.

    -- Dave
    dhdurgeeverizonnet

  2. Re: Does eCS 1.2R SMP work on any current servers?

    Well, I have the same problem and think it would be a good idea to make
    separate lists for servers and laptops at the ecomstation.ru site.
    (If they need someone to do it, I'd be glad to assist. )
    I too need to buy a server and found that some of the IBM eServer
    xseries are "relatively recent", but no reseller in Norway has any of
    those models, only newer ones.
    (Most of them are available at eBay, but shipping charges are too high
    (limited budget), and also I'd feel much safer with a brand new one.)
    Unless someone can recommend a new IBM server I will probably just buy
    one with "most" compatible hardware and take it from there.
    Peter