Re: Malloy digest, volume 2454316 - OS2

This is a discussion on Re: Malloy digest, volume 2454316 - OS2 ; Risto Karttunen writes: > tholen pontificaitoneth first with ambiuity, then with ambgiuity: Classic ambiguity. >> I meant what I wrote, Karttunen. > What you wrote was irrelevant Classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim. > and incomprehensible to me. That's your problem, ...

  1. Re: Malloy digest, volume 2454316

    Risto Karttunen writes:

    > tholen pontificaitoneth first with ambiuity, then with ambgiuity:

    Classic ambiguity.

    >> I meant what I wrote, Karttunen.

    > What you wrote was irrelevant

    > and incomprehensible to me.

    That's your problem, Karttunen.

    > Please elaborate.

    What does your request have to do with classical music, Karttunen?

    > Did your question have something to do with classical
    > music, for example?

    That's what I've been asking you, Karttunen.

  2. Re: Malloy digest, volume 2454316

    tholen pontificaitoneth first with ambiuity, then with ambgiuity:

    > What does negative have to do with classical music, Karttunen?

    That was the answer to your question.

    > >> What you said is "I wouldn't say", Karttunen.

    > > Had the cat got my tongue, I couldn't have said even that.

    > You still haven't said what you wouldn't say, Karttunen.

    Please read the whole of my sentence.

    > > Do try to take responsibility for your words.

    > Classic erroneous presupposition.

    So you admit that, eh Tholen? I really supposed you could try that.

    --
    risto

  3. Re: Malloy digest, volume 2454316

    tholen pontificaitoneth first with ambiuity, then with ambgiuity:

    > What does your request have to do with classical music, Karttunen?

    Please elaborate, then I could give an answer.

    > > Did your question have something to do with classical
    > > music, for example?

    > That's what I've been asking you, Karttunen.

    You asked me about your question?

    --
    risto

  4. Re: Malloy digest, volume 2454316

    Risto Karttunen writes:

    > tholen pontificaitoneth first with ambiuity, then with ambgiuity:

    Classic ambiguity.

    >> What does your request have to do with classical music, Karttunen?

    > Please elaborate, then I could give an answer.

    Elaboration is unnecessary, Karttunen.

    >>> Did your question have something to do with classical
    >>> music, for example?

    >> That's what I've been asking you, Karttunen.

    > You asked me about your question?

    What does your question have to do with classical music, Karttunen?

  5. Re: Malloy digest, volume 2454316

    Risto Karttunen writes:

    > tholen pontificaitoneth first with ambiuity, then with ambgiuity:

    Classic ambiguity.

    >> What does negative have to do with classical music, Karttunen?

    > That was the answer to your question.

    There is no "negative" or question in the text preceding my question,
    Karttunen.

    >>> Had the cat got my tongue, I couldn't have said even that.

    >> You still haven't said what you wouldn't say, Karttunen.

    > Please read the whole of my sentence.

    Classic erroneous presupposition.

    >>> Do try to take responsibility for your words.

    >> Classic erroneous presupposition.

    > So you admit that, eh Tholen?

    What does your question have to do with classical music, Karttunen?

    > I really supposed you could try that.

    What does your supposition have to do with classical music, Karttunen?

  6. Re: Malloy digest, volume 2454316

    tholen pontificaitoneth first with ambiuity, then with ambgiuity:

    > What does your question have to do with classical music, Karttunen?

    Absolutely nothing.

    --
    risto

  7. Re: Malloy digest, volume 2454316

    Risto Karttunen writes:

    > tholen pontificaitoneth first with ambiuity, then with ambgiuity:

    Classic ambiguity.

    >> What does your question have to do with classical music, Karttunen?

    > Absolutely nothing.

    Then why did you post it in a classical music newsgroup, Karttunen?

  8. Re: Malloy digest, volume 2454316

    tholen pontificaitoneth first with ambiuity, then with ambgiuity:

    > >> What does negative have to do with classical music, Karttunen?

    > > That was the answer to your question.

    > There is no "negative" or question in the text preceding my question,
    > Karttunen.

    My answer was negative.

    > > Please read the whole of my sentence.

    > Classic erroneous presupposition.

    No, that's not what I said.

    > >> Classic erroneous presupposition.

    > > So you admit that, eh Tholen?

    > What does your question have to do with classical music, Karttunen?

    Go on, go on!

    > What does your supposition have to do with classical music, Karttunen?

    Yes! Yes!

    --
    risto

  9. Re: Malloy digest, volume 2454316

    Risto Karttunen writes:

    > tholen pontificaitoneth first with ambiuity, then with ambgiuity:

    Classic ambiguity.

    >>> That was the answer to your question.

    >> There is no "negative" or question in the text preceding my question,
    >> Karttunen.

    > My answer was negative.

    That doesn't change the fact that there is no "negative" or question in
    the text preceding my question, Karttunen.

    >>> Please read the whole of my sentence.

    >> Classic erroneous presupposition.

    > No, that's not what I said.

    Irrelevant, given that I never said that you did say that, Karttunen.

    >>> So you admit that, eh Tholen?

    >> What does your question have to do with classical music, Karttunen?

    > Go on, go on!

    I see that you didn't answer the question, Karttunen. No surprise there,
    really.

    >> What does your supposition have to do with classical music, Karttunen?

    > Yes! Yes!

    I see that you didn't answer the question, Karttunen. No surprise there,
    really.

  10. Re: Malloy digest, volume 2454316

    tholen pontificaitoneth first with ambiuity, then with ambgiuity:

    > >> There is no "negative" or question in the text preceding my question,
    > >> Karttunen.

    > > My answer was negative.

    > That doesn't change the fact that there is no "negative" or question in
    > the text preceding my question, Karttunen.

    Negative means a "no".

    > >> What does your question have to do with classical music, Karttunen?

    > > Go on, go on!

    > I see that you didn't answer the question, Karttunen. No surprise there,
    > really.

    More of that! Give me more!

    > >> What does your supposition have to do with classical music, Karttunen?

    > > Yes! Yes!

    > I see that you didn't answer the question, Karttunen. No surprise there,
    > really.

    Such a toothsome tidbit!

    --
    risto

  11. Re: Malloy digest, volume 2454316

    Risto Karttunen writes:

    > tholen pontificaitoneth first with ambiuity, then with ambgiuity:

    Classic ambiguity.

    >>> My answer was negative.

    >> That doesn't change the fact that there is no "negative" or question in
    >> the text preceding my question, Karttunen.

    > Negative means a "no".

    There is no "no" or question in the text preceding my question, Karttunen.
    There isn't even a question anymore.

    >>> Go on, go on!

    >> I see that you didn't answer the question, Karttunen. No surprise there,
    >> really.

    > More of that! Give me more!

    Non sequitur.

    >>> Yes! Yes!

    >> I see that you didn't answer the question, Karttunen. No surprise there,
    >> really.

    > Such a toothsome tidbit!

    Non sequitur.

  12. Re: Malloy digest, volume 2454316

    tholen pontificaitoneth first with ambiuity, then with ambgiuity:

    > There is no "no" or question in the text preceding my question, Karttunen.

    No "no" preceding it, but yes, a "no" after your question, as an
    answer to it.

    > There isn't even a question anymore.

    Yes, no question anymore, but no, wait, there was. Yes.

    > Non sequitur.

    Bravo! The originality in your announcements is matchless!

    > Non sequitur.

    Extraordinary!

    --
    risto

  13. Re: Malloy digest, volume 2454316

    Risto Karttunen writes:

    > tholen pontificaitoneth first with ambiuity, then with ambgiuity:

    Classic ambiguity.

    >> There is no "no" or question in the text preceding my question, Karttunen.

    > No "no" preceding it, but yes, a "no" after your question, as an
    > answer to it.

    What question, Karttunen?

    >> There isn't even a question anymore.

    > Yes, no question anymore, but no, wait, there was. Yes.

    What happened to it, Karttunen?

    >> Non sequitur.

    > Bravo! The originality in your announcements is matchless!

    Classic erroneous presupposition.

    >> Non sequitur.

    > Extraordinary!

    Your "silly fun" is indeed extraordinarily stupid, Karttunen. No need
    to tell me about it.

  14. Re: Malloy digest, volume 2454316

    tholen pontificaitoneth first with ambiuity, then with ambgiuity:

    > >> What does your question have to do with classical music, Karttunen?

    > > Absolutely nothing.

    > Then why did you post it in a classical music newsgroup, Karttunen?

    To have some silly fun, remember?

    --
    risto

  15. Re: Malloy digest, volume 2454316

    tholen pontificaitoneth first with ambiuity, then with ambgiuity:

    > What question, Karttunen?

    Your question.

    > What happened to it, Karttunen?

    Nothing happened to it.

    > > (...) The originality in your announcements is matchless!

    > Classic erroneous presupposition.

    OK, it isn't.

    > Your "silly fun" is indeed extraordinarily stupid, Karttunen.

    That's where I have been aiming at. Most kind of you.

    --
    risto

  16. Re: Malloy digest, volume 2454316

    Risto Karttunen writes:

    > tholen pontificaitoneth first with ambiuity, then with ambgiuity:

    Classic ambiguity.

    >>> Absolutely nothing.

    >> Then why did you post it in a classical music newsgroup, Karttunen?

    > To have some silly fun, remember?

    What does your latest question have to do with classical music, Karttunen?

  17. Re: Malloy digest, volume 2454316

    Risto Karttunen writes:

    > tholen pontificaitoneth first with ambiuity, then with ambgiuity:

    Classic ambiguity.

    >> What question, Karttunen?

    > Your question.

    Classic ambiguity.

    >> What happened to it, Karttunen?

    > Nothing happened to it.

    >>> (...) The originality in your announcements is matchless!

    >> Classic erroneous presupposition.

    > OK, it isn't.

    Non sequitur.

    >> Your "silly fun" is indeed extraordinarily stupid, Karttunen.

    > That's where I have been aiming at. Most kind of you.

    Stating a fact isn't an act of kindness, Karttunen.

  18. Re: Malloy digest, volume 2454316

    tholen pontificaitoneth first with ambiuity, then with ambgiuity:

    > >> Then why did you post it in a classical music newsgroup, Karttunen?

    > > To have some silly fun, remember?

    > What does your latest question have to do with classical music, Karttunen?

    Absolutely nothing.

    --
    risto

  19. Re: Malloy digest, volume 2454316

    tholen pontificaitoneth first with ambiuity, then with ambgiuity:

    > >> Your "silly fun" is indeed extraordinarily stupid, Karttunen.

    > > That's where I have been aiming at. Most kind of you.

    > Stating a fact isn't an act of kindness, Karttunen.

    I take it as such, because it corroborates my success.

    --
    risto

  20. Re: Malloy digest, volume 2454316