MCP2 : Complete list of fixes/upgrades after installation? (or eCS2.0?) - OS2

This is a discussion on MCP2 : Complete list of fixes/upgrades after installation? (or eCS2.0?) - OS2 ; Hi Isaac AFrog wrote: > I want to clean install OS/2 on a new machine, and I still have my > original MCP2 disks. As far as I know, I still have all the upgrades > downloaded .... somewhere, including ...

  1. Re: MCP2 : Complete list of fixes/upgrades after installation? (oreCS 2.0?)

    Hi Isaac

    AFrog wrote:
    > I want to clean install OS/2 on a new machine, and I still have my
    > original MCP2 disks. As far as I know, I still have all the upgrades
    > downloaded .... somewhere, including FP3 (?).
    >
    > It's been a while and I remember a LOT of patches and upgrades. Does
    > anyone have the complete and definitive list of patches and upgrades
    > that need to be applied after an MCP2 installation?

    The Warp Updates website used to be useful for that sort of info... and
    it seems to have been archived here
    http://web.archive.org/web/200609260...netcologne.de/

    > Or is it perhaps going to be easier to install eCS 2.0 instead? (I
    > only have eCS 1.1).

    No idea - never having installed MCP2 :-)

    I don't mind eCS, but I would want to rip out the
    > XWorkplace and other add-on components (these cause incompatibilities
    > and crashes with a few of my applications). Is this an easy option to
    > do at install time?
    >

    > Thanks,
    > Isaac

    Posted from an eCS2.0RC5 system without e(x)WP installed - Yes, easy
    enough to deselect the eWP option at install time; I think it was called
    something like Desktop enhancement/extension but selecting any of the
    items gives a brief description so you should not get it wrong :-)

    Regards

    Pete

  2. MCP2 : Complete list of fixes/upgrades after installation? (or eCS2.0?)

    I want to clean install OS/2 on a new machine, and I still have my
    original MCP2 disks. As far as I know, I still have all the upgrades
    downloaded .... somewhere, including FP3 (?).

    It's been a while and I remember a LOT of patches and upgrades. Does
    anyone have the complete and definitive list of patches and upgrades
    that need to be applied after an MCP2 installation?

    Or is it perhaps going to be easier to install eCS 2.0 instead? (I
    only have eCS 1.1). I don't mind eCS, but I would want to rip out the
    XWorkplace and other add-on components (these cause incompatibilities
    and crashes with a few of my applications). Is this an easy option to
    do at install time?

    Thanks,
    Isaac

  3. Re: MCP2 : Complete list of fixes/upgrades after installation? (or eCS 2.0?)

    Tu, AFrog hai scritto questo in data Sat, 8
    Nov 2008 16:35:13 UTC:

    > Or is it perhaps going to be easier to install eCS 2.0 instead? (I
    > only have eCS 1.1). I don't mind eCS, but I would want to rip out the
    > XWorkplace and other add-on components (these cause incompatibilities
    > and crashes with a few of my applications). Is this an easy option to
    > do at install time?

    Installing eCS 2 will be easier anyway.

    If you want to get rid of eWorkplace, simply deselect desktop
    enhancement options from the install program. You might want to keep
    selected Icon themes and other WPS addons.

    Just to add something, I was able to install without problems my eCS 2
    RC3 system on an Intel Celeron machine, on which eCS 1.2 was
    impossible to start. You might try to install eCS 2 complete with eWP,
    which fixes many old WPS stability problems.

    --
    Mentore Siesto
    eComStation Developer Team

+ Reply to Thread