Setting time? - OS2

This is a discussion on Setting time? - OS2 ; On Sat, 8 Nov 2008 10:22:45 UTC, Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz wrote: > On my old P120 eCS 1.1 system I used TIME868 to adjust the clock. That > machine took a head crash while I was configuring eCS 2.0 ...

  1. Re: Setting time?

    wrote:

    > On my old P120 eCS 1.1 system I used TIME868 to adjust the clock. That
    > machine took a head crash while I was configuring eCS 2.0 beta 4 on my new
    > machine, and every time I try to use TIME868 on the new machine it times
    > out. I don't know whether it's a problem with my TCP/IP configuration or
    > whether the time servers I used the last time are no longer there.
    >
    > What programs, protocols (TCP versus UDP) and servers are others using? Is
    > there anything that I should be looking at?
    >
    > Thanks.

    I use...

    Archive Filename: syncnist10.zip
    Short Description: Sets the local clock from the RFC867 time server
    Long Description: Sets the local clock from the NIST time server
    using the Daytime Protcol
    (RFC867), and does NOT rely on (or use) the TZ
    environment variable.
    Information for when daylight time starts and
    ends is provided by the
    time server. Optionally modifies TZ in
    CONFIG.SYS.

    on hobbes..

  2. Setting time?

    On my old P120 eCS 1.1 system I used TIME868 to adjust the clock. That
    machine took a head crash while I was configuring eCS 2.0 beta 4 on my new
    machine, and every time I try to use TIME868 on the new machine it times
    out. I don't know whether it's a problem with my TCP/IP configuration or
    whether the time servers I used the last time are no longer there.

    What programs, protocols (TCP versus UDP) and servers are others using? Is
    there anything that I should be looking at?

    Thanks.

    reply to spamtrap@library.lspace.org

  3. Re: Setting time?

    wrote:

    > On my old P120 eCS 1.1 system I used TIME868 to adjust the clock. That
    > machine took a head crash while I was configuring eCS 2.0 beta 4 on my new
    > machine, and every time I try to use TIME868 on the new machine it times
    > out. I don't know whether it's a problem with my TCP/IP configuration or
    > whether the time servers I used the last time are no longer there.

    I'm still using TIME868 with a german server. Just tried some from
    USA, these worked for me:
    Penn State University clock.psu.edu UPD
    PSC Super Computer center fuzz.psc.edu UDP

    CU/2
    --
    Frank Beythien fBeythien AT gmx.de

  4. Re: Setting time?

    In , on
    11/08/2008
    at 10:23 AM, "Frank Beythien" said:

    >I'm still using TIME868 with a german server. Just tried some from USA,
    >these worked for me:
    >Penn State University clock.psu.edu UPD
    >PSC Super Computer center fuzz.psc.edu UDP

    Thanks. I ran through the list and found that PSU worked.

    reply to spamtrap@library.lspace.org

  5. Re: Setting time?

    On Sat, 8 Nov 2008 23:12:42 UTC, Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
    wrote:

    > In , on
    > 11/08/2008
    > at 10:23 AM, "Frank Beythien" said:
    >
    > >I'm still using TIME868 with a german server. Just tried some from USA,
    > >these worked for me:
    > >Penn State University clock.psu.edu UPD
    > >PSC Super Computer center fuzz.psc.edu UDP

    > Thanks. I ran through the list and found that PSU worked.

    There seem to be fewer and fewer RFC868 servers around.

    These days, I have a house server running FreeBSD. That syncs to one of
    the many NTP servers, and provides RFC868 time to all of my OS/2
    machines!

    --
    Bob Eager
    Use the BIG mirror service in the UK: