Mini-PCI Wifi for Thinkpads? - OS2

This is a discussion on Mini-PCI Wifi for Thinkpads? - OS2 ; The Mini-PCI WiFi Prism card in my T23 is now resting in peace. What are the options nowadays (supported by OS/2 drivers)? (If needed, I'm ready to reflash BIOS to "add support" for "unauthorized" IDs...) Thanks, Ilya...

  1. Mini-PCI Wifi for Thinkpads?

    The Mini-PCI WiFi Prism card in my T23 is now resting in peace. What
    are the options nowadays (supported by OS/2 drivers)? (If needed, I'm
    ready to reflash BIOS to "add support" for "unauthorized" IDs...)

    Thanks,
    Ilya

  2. Re: Mini-PCI Wifi for Thinkpads?

    Ilya Zakharevich wrote:
    > The Mini-PCI WiFi Prism card in my T23 is now resting in peace. What
    > are the options nowadays (supported by OS/2 drivers)? (If needed, I'm
    > ready to reflash BIOS to "add support" for "unauthorized" IDs...)
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Ilya

    I have been very happy with the card in my T42 using the Genmac
    drivers... been working very well for several years now.
    Vendor 8086h Intel Corporation
    Device 4220h PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection
    Andy

  3. Re: Mini-PCI Wifi for Thinkpads?

    Andy Willis
    ], who wrote in article :
    > Ilya Zakharevich wrote:
    > > The Mini-PCI WiFi Prism card in my T23 is now resting in peace. What
    > > are the options nowadays (supported by OS/2 drivers)? (If needed, I'm
    > > ready to reflash BIOS to "add support" for "unauthorized" IDs...)

    > I have been very happy with the card in my T42 using the Genmac
    > drivers... been working very well for several years now.
    > Vendor 8086h Intel Corporation
    > Device 4220h PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection

    I see that it is available for purchase today. Is 802.11g really
    working? And WPA?

    Thanks,
    Ilya

  4. Re: Mini-PCI Wifi for Thinkpads?

    Ilya Zakharevich wrote:
    > Andy Willis
    > ], who wrote in article:
    >> Ilya Zakharevich wrote:
    >>> The Mini-PCI WiFi Prism card in my T23 is now resting in peace. What
    >>> are the options nowadays (supported by OS/2 drivers)? (If needed, I'm
    >>> ready to reflash BIOS to "add support" for "unauthorized" IDs...)

    >> I have been very happy with the card in my T42 using the Genmac
    >> drivers... been working very well for several years now.
    >> Vendor 8086h Intel Corporation
    >> Device 4220h PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection

    > I see that it is available for purchase today. Is 802.11g really
    > working? And WPA?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Ilya

    Yes, I am using G at 54M and WPA2 encryption. Genmac has supported it
    since sometime in 2005 and has been quite stable.
    Andy

  5. Re: Mini-PCI Wifi for Thinkpads?

    Andy Willis
    ], who wrote in article :
    > > I see that it is available for purchase today. Is 802.11g really
    > > working? And WPA?

    > Yes, I am using G at 54M and WPA2 encryption. Genmac has supported it
    > since sometime in 2005 and has been quite stable.

    A lot of thanks! I ordered it ($20 with shipping).

    Best regards,
    Ilya

+ Reply to Thread