VoiX exception - OS2

This is a discussion on VoiX exception - OS2 ; voix.c (voix-1.0.0_beta4_src.zip, http://vocaleliminator.sourceforge.net ) compiles without any error nor warning, but causes an exception using VAC++ 3.08. It seems to crash at "int main(int argc, char *argv[]){" (PM Debugger), but I - 98.4% novice - didn't spot any obvious error. ...

  1. VoiX exception

    voix.c (voix-1.0.0_beta4_src.zip, http://vocaleliminator.sourceforge.net)
    compiles without any error nor warning, but causes an exception using
    VAC++ 3.08.

    It seems to crash at "int main(int argc, char *argv[]){" (PM Debugger),
    but I - 98.4% novice - didn't spot any obvious error. What's wrong here,
    if that can be pointed out briefly? It could be something very basic; in
    that case I'm perhaps just overlooking the cause.

    ---

  2. Re: VoiX exception

    On Mon, 6 Oct 2008 17:14:47 UTC spamgate@hotmai1.com (ML) wrote:

    > voix.c (voix-1.0.0_beta4_src.zip, http://vocaleliminator.sourceforge.net)
    > compiles without any error nor warning, but causes an exception using
    > VAC++ 3.08.
    >
    > It seems to crash at "int main(int argc, char *argv[]){" (PM Debugger),
    > but I - 98.4% novice - didn't spot any obvious error. What's wrong here,
    > if that can be pointed out briefly? It could be something very basic; in
    > that case I'm perhaps just overlooking the cause.

    I just did a quick compile of voix.c with OpenWatcom:
    4 changes in main:
    static added for the float arrays, as the stack will overflow.
    static float lBuf[...
    static float CosWindow[...
    static float lFFTBuf[...

    and moving the line
    char *FileExt = ".voix.wav";
    before
    /* Display version and usage */

    Then it compiles for me and displays the usage if called without
    parms.

    HTH
    --
    Frank Beythien fBeythien AT gmx.de