New Release SearchPlus 1.05 - OS2

This is a discussion on New Release SearchPlus 1.05 - OS2 ; I would like to inform, you all that as of today a updated version (1.05) of SearchPlus has been placed on hobbes and at Mensys On hobbes It is currently in the directory pub/incoming but will probably be moved in ...

  1. New Release SearchPlus 1.05

    I would like to inform, you all that as of today a updated version
    (1.05)
    of SearchPlus has been placed on hobbes and at Mensys

    On hobbes It is currently in the directory pub/incoming but will
    probably be
    moved in the next few days to the directory pub\os2\util\disk

    The filename is SearchPlus105.zip

    With this update a number of bugs have been fixed which should improve
    stability and usability. Also a few improvements have been implemented
    the
    foremost of which is a multilingual installation program.

    The specifications are as follows.
    This program Searches up to 4 different drives simultaneously using
    parallel
    access and processing together with an extensive list of filters. The
    user
    interface is selectable for both the casual and power user.
    Both the last 16 search text and filename filters used are available
    at all
    times.
    Filter options:
    Simultaneous multiple file filtering. i.e. *.jpg;*.png;*.bmp.
    Source type filtering (Drive, Type :USB/ Network/ Fixed/ CD-DVD
    ROM/
    Floppies).
    File attributes (Must be present/ Must be absent/Don't Care).
    File Size (from to/up to/less than)
    File Modification date (within: 1 hr/24 hrs/1 Week/1 Month/
    Between
    dates and time)
    Search for a string within a file.
    Searching can include or exclude files within zip achieves.
    Fully configurable search results display all files which meet the
    specified
    search criteria in multiple sortable columns. File type displayed
    using
    colours (zip archive, read only). Each file all files or groups of
    files can
    then be selected and manipulated as follows:
    Copying
    Moving,
    Deleting, (with trashcan support)
    Editing.
    Open As
    Executing a custom command or script.
    Opening of containing folder. (icon, details or tree view).

    All of the above functions are available to files within a zip
    achieve! This
    makes it possible to modify the contents of a file within an achieve
    directly! All of the above is possible while SearchPlus continues to
    locate
    other files having the same search criteria.

    Multi core/processor support.
    Multi Lingual Support
    Can handles up to 32,768 files in one batch.
    Memory footprint is < 2Mb
    Enjoy

    Keith

    PLEASE NOTE THAT DURING UPLOADING THE ORIGINAL FILE WAS DAMAGED THE
    CORRECT
    VERSION HAS SINCE BEEN UPLOADED AND HAS THE NAME IN CAPITALS AND A
    FILE DATE
    STAMP OF 09/29/2008 05:26PM. YOU CAN ONLY SEE THE NAME DIFFERENCE
    USING FTP

    IT ALSO SEEMS THAT IT IS NO LONGER POSSIBLE TO RENAME A FILE SO THAT I
    COULD
    NOT CHANGE THE INCORRECT VERSION TO SEARCHPLUS.ZIP.DELETE SORRY

  2. Re: New Release SearchPlus 1.05

    Keith

    > PLEASE NOTE THAT DURING UPLOADING *THE ORIGINAL FILE WAS DAMAGED THE
    > CORRECT
    > VERSION HAS SINCE BEEN UPLOADED AND HAS THE NAME IN CAPITALS AND A
    > FILE DATE
    > STAMP OF *09/29/2008 05:26PM. YOU CAN ONLY SEE THE NAME DIFFERENCE
    > USING FTP
    >
    > IT ALSO SEEMS THAT IT IS NO LONGER POSSIBLE TO RENAME A FILE SO THAT I
    > COULD
    > NOT CHANGE THE INCORRECT VERSION TO SEARCHPLUS.ZIP.DELETE *SORRY

    That's easy, upload the program with a version letter added to it, so
    SearchPlus105b.zip. Ask the administrator of Hobbes to delete the
    SearchPlus105.zip versions. Problem solved.

+ Reply to Thread