More stuff gone! - OS2

This is a discussion on More stuff gone! - OS2 ; Get over your bull****. The fact is you characters know that I'm right about lack of a virus threat for OS2, but you people being what you are -- have found another non-issue to whine about -- instead of just ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 45 of 45

  1. Re: More stuff gone!

    Get over your bull****. The fact is you characters know that I'm right
    about lack of a virus threat for OS2, but you people being what you are --
    have found another non-issue to whine about -- instead of just shutting up
    and learning when your wrong.

    In <48f2762a$1$fuzhry+tra$mr2ice@news.patriot.net>, on 10/12/2008
    at 06:11 PM, Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
    said:

    >In , on 10/06/2008
    > at 09:40 AM, TruthTeller@nospam.net said:

    >>Really? People in business and government top post all the time.

    >ROTF,LMAO. You wrote "the rest of the world", and that includes a lot
    >more than the people in business and government. For that matter, not all
    >of the people in business and government top post.

    >>Have been for years.

    >Some have, some haven't.

    >>End of discussion.

    >Only if the topic is whether you are confused about the difference
    >between existential and universal quantifiers.

  2. Re: More stuff gone!

    In , on 10/13/2008
    at 01:13 PM, TruthTeller@nospam.net said:

    >Get over your bull****. The fact is you characters know that I'm right
    >about lack of a virus threat for OS2,

    Sorry, tonto, you you are seriously confused about whom you are arguing
    with; Please run windoze; it's what you deserve. OS/2 is too good for the
    likes of you.

    >have found another non-issue to whine about

    Your willful ignorance, tim, is not a minor issue. Your assumption that
    anybody running OS/2 must agree with you, however, is so monumentally
    stupid as to make the other pale into insignificance. I've been using OS/2
    since you were in diapers, and it's still my primary system.

    Not being one to suffer fools gladly, I've decided that there's no need to
    see any more of your nonsense.

    *PLONK*

    reply to spamtrap@library.lspace.org

  3. Re: More stuff gone!

    On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 13:13:49 UTC, TruthTeller@nospam.net wrote:

    > Get over your bull****. The fact is you characters know that I'm right
    > about lack of a virus threat for OS2, but you people being what you are --
    > have found another non-issue to whine about -- instead of just shutting up
    > and learning when your wrong.

    I'm afraid I know who is "truth teller"... His "style" is unique in
    the OS/2 world... :-/

    Mentore

  4. Re: More stuff gone!

    Tell us about this great OS2 virus threat!

    I've tried to open a couple of windows virus files and make them do
    something, and nothing happened... Odin all. Try it yourself. It will
    be better then making a fool out of yourself with your constant whining.

    And no son, you were not using OS2 when I was in dipaers. But hey, I bet
    you still think ecs is going to be the savior of it too.

    In <48f37702$5$fuzhry+tra$mr2ice@news.patriot.net>, on 10/13/2008
    at 12:27 PM, Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
    said:

    >In , on 10/13/2008
    > at 01:13 PM, TruthTeller@nospam.net said:

    >>Get over your bull****. The fact is you characters know that I'm right
    >>about lack of a virus threat for OS2,

    >Sorry, tonto, you you are seriously confused about whom you are arguing
    >with; Please run windoze; it's what you deserve. OS/2 is too good for the
    >likes of you.

    >>have found another non-issue to whine about

    >Your willful ignorance, tim, is not a minor issue. Your assumption that
    >anybody running OS/2 must agree with you, however, is so monumentally
    >stupid as to make the other pale into insignificance. I've been using
    >OS/2 since you were in diapers, and it's still my primary system.

    >Not being one to suffer fools gladly, I've decided that there's no need
    >to see any more of your nonsense.

    >*PLONK*

  5. Re: More stuff gone!

    Marc Lewis wrote:
    > + User FidoNet address: 1:396/45
    > * Original message posted in: OS2.
    > * Crossposted in: COMP-OS2-MISC.
    > Hello All.
    >
    > Here's a disturbing e-mail from Norman Data Defense (Norman VC
    > for OS/2):
    >
    > -o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-CUT-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-
    > From: Marc Lewis
    > To: norman@norman.com
    > Cc: Support@norman.com
    > Date: 09/25/2008 07:47 PM
    > Subject: Query about my license renewal.
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have just renewed my Norman Virus Control for OS/2 license via
    > your Digital River link. I now note that you apparently no
    > longer support the OS/2 product on your web site. Does that
    > imply that there will no longer be virus definition updates
    > available for my OS/2 version of your product?
    >
    > (If you have in fact stopped update support for the OS/2 version
    > of Norman V.C. I would have to request a refund of the renewal
    > fee I have just submitted... But hopefully that won't be the
    > case!) Please advise.
    >
    > Sincere thanks.
    > -
    > * Best regards,
    > * Marc.
    > [SNIP]
    >
    > To : marc.lewis@=-=-=-=-=-.com
    > Subject: Re: Fw: Query about my license renewal.
    > From: Jermaine.Lowery@norman.com
    > Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 12:10:28 -0400
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > OS/2 downloads and support for OS/2 have been discontinued.
    > Your refund is being processed. We apologize for any
    > inconvenience this may have caused. Thank you.
    >
    > Best Regards,
    >
    > Jermaine Lowery
    > Channel Account Representative
    > Norman Data Defense Systems, Inc.
    > -o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-CUT-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-
    >
    > Odd that ECS current release (2.0RC5) ships _with_ Norman VC as
    > an installable option.
    >
    > Anyone have any further info for alternate virus control for
    > OS/2 systems?

    I have not read the rest of the thread with all postings. The only scan
    solution is ClamAV. But this has no realtime protection for viruses.
    And virusses on OS/2 /eCS ? Well its not real an issue. The only thing
    that can be a problem are DOS boot viruses/boot sector viruses.
    So an old DOS diskette might be a bigger risk then the Windows viruses.

    Roderick Klein
    Mensys

    Roderick

+ Reply to Thread