Adding an IFS "after the fact"... - OS2

This is a discussion on Adding an IFS "after the fact"... - OS2 ; Hello all, I have upgraded my ECS1.2 to 2.0RC5. How do I go about installing support for read-only NTFS (via USB connected drives)? I don't see an obvious NT????.IFS type file anwhere on the hard disk nor on the CDRom. ...

  1. Adding an IFS "after the fact"...

    Hello all,

    I have upgraded my ECS1.2 to 2.0RC5. How do I go about
    installing support for read-only NTFS (via USB connected
    drives)? I don't see an obvious NT????.IFS type file anwhere on
    the hard disk nor on the CDRom.

    Thanks in advance!

    * Best regards from Marc.
    * FIDONET=1:396/45 INTELEC=239:600/70
    A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
    Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?

  2. Re: Adding an IFS "after the fact"...

    Hi Marc

    Marc wrote:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I have upgraded my ECS1.2 to 2.0RC5. How do I go about
    > installing support for read-only NTFS (via USB connected
    > drives)? I don't see an obvious NT????.IFS type file anwhere on
    > the hard disk nor on the CDRom.
    >
    > Thanks in advance!
    >
    > * Best regards from Marc.

    While I would not recommend installing that ifs you should find it in

    [CD]:\CID\SERVER\ECSPKG\NTFS.ZIP

    Regards

    Pete

  3. Re: Adding an IFS "after the fact"...

    On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 16:51:52 UTC, "Marc" wrote:

    > Hello all,
    >
    > I have upgraded my ECS1.2 to 2.0RC5. How do I go about
    > installing support for read-only NTFS (via USB connected
    > drives)? I don't see an obvious NT????.IFS type file anwhere on
    > the hard disk nor on the CDRom.

    NTFS is a choice in one of the menus during install.

    You can download the IFS from betazone...
    (it is the same as on CD)

    --
    Allan.

    It is better to close your mouth, and look like a fool,
    than to open it, and remove all doubt.

+ Reply to Thread