dlgtemplate string constant resource ids? - OS2

This is a discussion on dlgtemplate string constant resource ids? - OS2 ; Hi, While working on the OpenWatcom wrc.exe, I discovered that DLGTEMPLATE resource ids can be string constants. rc.exe happily accepts DLGTEMPLATE "TEMPLATE_NAME" LOADONCALL MOVEABLE DISCARDABLE It's pretty well hidden, but this is even documented in the resource script file specification. ...

  1. dlgtemplate string constant resource ids?

    Hi,

    While working on the OpenWatcom wrc.exe, I discovered that DLGTEMPLATE
    resource ids can be string constants. rc.exe happily accepts

    DLGTEMPLATE "TEMPLATE_NAME" LOADONCALL MOVEABLE DISCARDABLE

    It's pretty well hidden, but this is even documented in the resource
    script file specification.

    My question is can we load DLGTEMPLATEs defined this way? Not knowing any
    better, I've always believed that the DLGTEMPLATE id must be numeric
    because this is what WinLoadDlg requires.

    Thanks,

    Steven

    Steven Levine MR2/ICE 3.00.11.17 BETA #10183

  2. Re: dlgtemplate string constant resource ids?

    Steven Levine schrieb:
    > Hi,
    >
    > While working on the OpenWatcom wrc.exe, I discovered that DLGTEMPLATE
    > resource ids can be string constants. rc.exe happily accepts
    >
    > DLGTEMPLATE "TEMPLATE_NAME" LOADONCALL MOVEABLE DISCARDABLE
    >
    > It's pretty well hidden, but this is even documented in the resource
    > script file specification.
    >
    > My question is can we load DLGTEMPLATEs defined this way? Not knowing any
    > better, I've always believed that the DLGTEMPLATE id must be numeric
    > because this is what WinLoadDlg requires.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Steven

    Just a wild guess: instead of passing the id, pass the pointer to the
    string containing the string ID ? I would hope that WinLoadDlg can
    distinguish because the upper 16 bits are always 0 if you pass in an ID
    (it's limited to 0-65535) and <> 0 otherwise.

    Lars

+ Reply to Thread