Font size/family changing in windows - OS2

This is a discussion on Font size/family changing in windows - OS2 ; Hello, Sometimes, when a dialog closes, a message is received by one or more of the main windows to repaint the text to the font size and family used in the dialog that just closed. What is the message (WM_???) ...

  1. Font size/family changing in windows

    Hello,
    Sometimes, when a dialog closes, a message is received by one or more of
    the main windows to repaint the text to the font size and family used in
    the dialog that just closed.
    What is the message (WM_???) that is generated that causes this. (It is
    not WM_PRESPARAMCHANGED.)

    (Remove .AXSPAMGN for email)

  2. Re: Font size/family changing in windows

    In , on 09/15/2008
    at 12:25 PM, Jim Moe said:

    Hi,

    > Sometimes, when a dialog closes, a message is received by one or more
    >of the main windows to repaint the text to the font size and family used
    >in the dialog that just closed.

    What makes you say this? Are you getting unexpected repaints?

    > What is the message (WM_???) that is generated that causes this. (It is
    >not WM_PRESPARAMCHANGED.)

    This is nothing I've ever come across. Are you sure your app is not
    causing this effect on its own?

    Steven

    Steven Levine MR2/ICE 3.00.11.17 BETA #10183

  3. Re: Font size/family changing in windows

    On 09/16/08 12:37 am, Steven Levine wrote:

    >> Sometimes, when a dialog closes, a message is received by one or more
    >>of the main windows to repaint the text to the font size and family used
    >>in the dialog that just closed.

    > What makes you say this? Are you getting unexpected repaints?

    Well, nothing "makes" me say it, it's rather volitional.
    Yes, unexpected repaints. It acts as though there is a WinSetPresParam()
    call but I can trace no such messages.
    Sometimes the affected areas are only those that were covered by the
    dialog; other times all controls are affected.

    >> What is the message (WM_???) that is generated that causes this. (It is
    >>not WM_PRESPARAMCHANGED.)

    > This is nothing I've ever come across. Are you sure your app is not
    > causing this effect on its own?

    I'm sure it is but I do not understand the mechanism underlying the effect.

    (Remove .AXSPAMGN for email)

  4. Re: Font size/family changing in windows

    In <8Z6dnbFk5JyQdlLVnZ2dnUVZ_i2dnZ2d@giganews.com>, on 09/16/2008
    at 10:21 AM, Jim Moe said:

    Hi,

    >>> What is the message (WM_???) that is generated that causes this. (It is
    >>>not WM_PRESPARAMCHANGED.)

    >> This is nothing I've ever come across. Are you sure your app is not
    >> causing this effect on its own?
    >>

    > I'm sure it is but I do not understand the mechanism underlying the
    >effect.

    I suspect you are going to have to haul out pmspy and trace the WM_PAINT
    messages and figure out what is creating them.

    Determining the window to watch can be messy. It's helpful to dump the
    window handles of interest to a log file.