Label printer for eCS - OS2

This is a discussion on Label printer for eCS - OS2 ; I am looking to buy a label printer to use both with eCS and Windows. Ideally I should be able to connect the printer to a network in order to use it from several computers, the second best choice would ...

  1. Label printer for eCS

    I am looking to buy a label printer to use both with eCS and Windows.
    Ideally I should be able to connect the printer to a network in order to use
    it from several computers, the second best choice would be a USB version.

    Any suggestions? Experiences?

  2. Re: Label printer for eCS

    On 09/14/08 08:45 am, Elmer Fudd wrote:
    > I am looking to buy a label printer to use both with eCS and Windows.
    > Ideally I should be able to connect the printer to a network in order to use
    > it from several computers, the second best choice would be a USB version.

    Do you mean a printer that prints from a roll of fixed size labels? Or
    one that can print pre-cut label sheets?
    You could also buy a small print server that has USB ports on it. That
    would make the choice a little more flexible.

    (Remove .AXSPAMGN for email)

  3. Re: Label printer for eCS

    In article
    bitbucket@127.0.0.1 "Elmer Fudd" writes:

    > I am looking to buy a label printer [...]

    I know nothing about them in practice; but ISTR Dymo (who ISTR2
    were taken over by Esselite(?) so may have changed names) sells
    label printers -- a natural development from their long running
    labelling business. (Any else remember Dymo tape? I still use
    my clunky-clicky label maker, with plastic tape from the 70s.)
    --
    Andrew Stephenson

  4. Re: Label printer for eCS

    A print server with USB ports sounds like the right ticket since label
    printers with USB ports are much cheaper.

    On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 10:14:07 -0700, Jim Moe wrote:

    :>On 09/14/08 08:45 am, Elmer Fudd wrote:
    :>> I am looking to buy a label printer to use both with eCS and Windows.
    :>> Ideally I should be able to connect the printer to a network in order to use
    :>> it from several computers, the second best choice would be a USB version.
    :>>
    :> Do you mean a printer that prints from a roll of fixed size labels? Or
    :>one that can print pre-cut label sheets?
    :> You could also buy a small print server that has USB ports on it. That
    :>would make the choice a little more flexible.
    :>
    :>--
    :>jmm (hyphen) list (at) sohnen-moe (dot) com
    :>(Remove .AXSPAMGN for email)

+ Reply to Thread